Dear Community Members,
Please join me in congratulating @Ukko for attaining this huge milestone. As of today, he has posted more than 3000 times on this platform.
Your act of selflessness cannot go unnoticed and we truly appreciate all you do for us here.
From the entire F-Secure Community team, we say Kiitos!!!
Installation, Uninstallation, malfunction
- Download installers - retail versions (not for F-Secure SAFE or ISP versions)
- Removing other Antivirus programs before installing F-Secure
- F-Secure Uninstallation Tool for Windows and Mac
- How to install F-Secure SAFE on your PC (for Virgin Media customers)
Infections (virus, trojan, pop-ups, browser hijacks etc)
- Infection were not automatically cleaned
- General removal instructions
- Cleaning compressed files
- Cleaning a temporary folder
- Cleaning temporary Internet files in Internet Explorer
- Cleaning System Volume Information or a System Restore folder
- Cleaning the Recycle Bin
- Pop-ups and browser hijacks are not necessarily malware. Try the free Anti-Malware from Malwarebytes which is good in detecting PUPs - Potentially Unwanted Programs
- F-Secure is detecting a trusted file as malware (report it to SAS as a false positive, but first scan it on VirusTotal to see if it's clean with other antivirus products)
Deepguard (F-Secure's application monitor)
Verifying that the protection works
- How can I check that my computer is protected and that automatic updates are working
- How to test Anti-Virus and Browsing Protection
- Submit a file or URL to F-Secure for analysis
- How can I perform a full computer scan
- The product shows that the virus definitions are old
- Where can I find the product subscription key
- Lost subscription key
Documentation & information
Getting help from the community
- Start a New Thread Please try to describe the problem in detail and provide information about what F-Secure product and version you have. And OS(Operating System) and version
Additional security advice
- Running as Administrator? Read this!
- Free 3rd party security products that complement F-Secure AV/IS
- Process Explorer: How to scan all running processes with 50+ AV products
- To be extra safe before installing/running a new program: scan it on VirusTotal which is a multi-engine scanner with more than 50 antivirus products (F-Secure is one of them)
Please suggest other issues/links I can add to this list and I will update this post.