FS-protection 'licence expires in 5 days'

Highlighted
Aspirant

FS-protection 'licence expires in 5 days'

Using FS-protection beta in Windows 10. However, ikeep getting pop up box telling me that my FS-protection licence is about to expire. How do I renew? Or is this still done automatically?

44 REPLIES 44
Superuser

Re: FS-protection 'licence expires in 5 days'

It should be done automatically.
Aspirant

Okay, thanx.

Scholar

At least no one running Windows10 can claim they didn't notice their subscription was about to end Smiley LOL

Superuser

I'm surprised the beta will still run thereafter, thought th GP release whas coming right now on account there are no bugs left.

Superuser

As I understand it, the beta is a continually developing project, so as one beta becomes a full retail product, the next beta rolls on.
Superuser

I have not been accustomed to "long cycle" betas with other editors, with those a beta ends with the GP rls, then comes a new beta some time later to prepare the next rls... but you know this :)

Superuser

@KaptenAlfred wrote:

At least no one running Windows10 can claim they didn't notice their subscription was about to end Smiley LOL

It is rather difficult to get rid of the notification, isn't it!  mad5.gif

Superuser

@Simon wrote:

@KaptenAlfred wrote:

It is rather difficult to get rid of the notification, isn't it!  mad5.gif

Hello,

Sorry for reply.

Does this work just with Windows 10 (where I not able to re-check it on current days)? Or there something modern in use?

Because with my Windows Vista current design about "license-soon-to-be-end"-prompt possible looks like OK (not like before or not like can be with trial/stable):

- Started just with latest week of license (six days possible).

- Shown just per one time at launch/load system. And probably can be "limited" around six hours for re-show it.

And maybe have limits for "brief" re-create prompt (maybe three time per minute?!; can be helpful if we have too much many crashes for fshoster and as result: re-restarting for fshoster) as temporary time-out.

- Not triggered by "re-check updates".

- Not sure how it will be with "Sleep mode"/"Gaming Mode"/"other related things" (but I think there should work "potential" time-limits and use-limits).

This is mean.. if we do not shut down (or restart) system... there possible to get "prompt" about expiring license at launch. And next one - after day-off (mainly with fresh information about how many days left).

and maybe time to time between this checkpoints (by something as trigger for re-show prompt; and maybe with limitations for miss some of "re-show action"... maybe by time-limits). 

AND.... with my Windows Phone 8.1  - there with small time-usage network (by Wi-Fi).... I do not get any prompts about "license soon expired" (two days else). Probably there was "too much often" prompt before (?!). :) But... with current days and with current device.... notification goes be not visible.

I think.. if with desktop solution there potentially have changes... maybe and with Windows Phone solution too (but more hardcore-step as improving notification-prompt for user). I had dreams about "check" how will be look-view prompt under Windows Phone on current days (and prompt just missing). :)

Sorry for long reply (else one time).

Thanks.

F-Secure

Hi

We will be extending beta licenses soon, before they expire.

@Ukko

Windows 10 has different notification about expiry, the operating system takes over notifying when there is less than 5 days remaining. Older Windowses don't have this and our product handles the notifications.

It's good that we see this in action in beta.

(F-Secure R&D)