No access to Search in iTunesStore

Aspirant

Re: No access to Search in iTunesStore

Hi,

and thanks for replying so quickly. Yes, it is (only?) the German server. After changing to Belgium I had no problems, neither in Apple Music, Podcast nor iTunes. Same if I switch off Freedome, everything works fine.

I am running Freedome on an iPhone 8 with iOS 13.1

And yes, I have tried to reset DNS as described (Flightmodus) and even restarted the iPhone after shutting down all apps completely. The problem persisted.

Best greetings

Lothar

Supporter

Hihi,

happens with mobile data and wifi on iPhone 8 Plus and iPad Pro 2018. All devices have the newest OS. Also on my MacBook Pro (2016), newest MacOS.

Maybe we can find the problem here: I live in Iceland, use Freedome to acces the German gateway. I use the German iTS - this combination (Iceland -> German gateway -> German iTS) does not work.

Using the e.g. the Belgium gateway  works fine.

It happens, like another user mentioend, also in the Poscast app (iPhone).

Remember: The problem affects only the page after starting a search for an item/band in iTS.

Greetings, Claus

Hi @hanswurst@lbauerochse 

We are still unable to reproduce this issue either. Search works nicely whenever we use the German location. We have IP addresses in Germany in multiple networks, tried all those networks and no problems whatsoever with any of them.

Can you check what IP address you have from us (for example with https://www.whatismyipaddress.com) when you encounter the problem with iTunes.

Aspirant

Hi, my IP-Adress is:

IPv4: XXX.XXXXX

IPv6: Not detected

I just checked before I looked up my IP-Adress: When choosing Belgium/Brussels as location in Freedome I had no problem with the search-site in Apple-Music. After changing to Germany/Falkenstein I geht the reply: "Leider ist ein Problem aufgetreten. Erneut vesuchen" = Unfortunately there is a problem. Try again.

Greetings. Lothar

Edit: PII

Supporter

Hello,

see PM.

Greetings,

Claus

Hi @lbauerochse@hanswurst 

Thank you for your messages.

Your responses have helped us to reproduce the issue, so we are investigating the root cause and we will revert once there is a new development. 

Supporter

Thank you for the feedback - and further research into this problem. Maybe it is a problem caused by Apple?!

Please let me know if you need further details.

Claus

Supporter

I installed Catalina and the problem still persists.