No access to Search in iTunesStore

Supporter

No access to Search in iTunesStore

Hello,

the next problem: I can not use the search funtion in the Apple iTunes Store - no results on my iOS devices, also no results on my Mac.

The Gateway Germany brings no results (no access to the iTS), but e.g. Ireland sends the results.

I use the newest versions of Freddome on MacOS and iOS.

My impresson is that there are more and more problems with the this German Gateway.

What is happening? How top fix this problem?

Thanks

Claus

17 REPLIES 17

Re: No access to Search in iTunesStore

Hi @hanswurst 

I just tested with the German server and it worked fine on an iPhone as well as other servers. Is Germany server the only gateway with this issue?

Looked this up on Apple support page and it seems to be a known issue that get fixed on its own. You may want to try some steps given here and also try connecting to another network and see if that works since issue persists on Mac too. 

Supporter

Yes, e.g. ireland and the Netherlnds works fine.

Supporter

I tried few more gateways, and the German one it the only one which does not like to used with Freedome.

well, I wait for the following MacOS/iOS and guess everthing will be get better ;-).

BTW: Is Freedome compatilbe with the next MacOS/iOS? 

May I know if you still face this issue on both the iPhone and Mac devices?

If yes, then I suggest you try to reset the DNS cache for both devices and try installing Freedome VPN if the DNS reset fails.

Click here to see steps for Mac and below for iPhone steps.

iPhone: Pull up bottom menu and press on Airplane Mode button, wait 5-10 seconds and then press again to disable it.

Test again and let us know if that helps.

Supporter

Hello,

I did this, but no changes. I also restarted all devices, no changes. 

I spoke to the support of Apple but they said it must be a problem of Freedome.

But probably in a few weeks the problem disappeared with the new MacOS/iOS and no iTunes anymore.

Claus 

Hu @hanswurst 

What happens if you turn off FREEDOME and then try to perform the search? You may want to try it on mobile data or while connected to another network.

May I also recommend a reinstallation of FREEDOME on those affected devices and see if that works? Test again before reinstalling FREEDOME and let's see if the issue persist while FREEDOME is completely taken off the iPhone/Mac.

Supporter

Turning OFF results in the page with the found items.

Turning ON (German gateway) results still in a error message, no matter if iOS or MacOS (all newest versions).

No matter if WLAN or mobile data.

Like before.

I use Freedome from Iceland and I use the German iTunes Store, and the poblem appears ONLY with the German gateway.

Aspirant

I have had the same experience under iOS. No search possible in Apple Music and the Apple Podcast App. 
If I switch Freedome OFF it works. 

Hi @hanswurst 

Have you updated to the latest iOS 13.1 version and check if this issue still persists in the German server? Please test on a different network like mobile data or another wifi connection so we could narrow down the cause while we raise this issue with our backend team.

@lbauerochse Are you facing the same issue with German server or all the servers? What iOS version are you running on your iPhone? Have you tried to reset the DNS cache using the steps provided above?

Appreciate your patience while we investigate this issue even further.