Freedome DNS leak after latest update (Windows)

Aspirant

Re: Freedome DNS leak after latest update (Windows)

yes to both.

I used opera for my tests. I can check it again with other browser this afternoon

Highlighted
Aspirant

also no Leak with Chrome. sorry

Novice

Also have the problem here. OS win10 home x64 creators update. Quite disappointing that Freedome had no failsafe for this. I am unable to find a fix so far. About 130 days left on my sub.

I'm a fairly casual user (as in not experienced in VPN related issues), and I am willing to bet many other Freedome users do not even realize this could be happening. I chose Freedome for it's simplicity. And I really don't want to change to another provider, but the lack of official response to take this seriously, and to fix this, is rather underwhelming. If I am wrong, then please provide an update on how this is being resolved. Thank you.

I check https://ipleak.net/ few times a week as a habit, and noticed the DNS leak yesterday. Today looks no different.

Calling customer service might not be the best suggestion, as it leaves everyone else affected unknowing and compromised. And that is why I am leaving you with a post here instead.

Yeah, I have no intend using Freedome until this is fixed though I think we are not getting any refunds.

Champion

Hi

the best and most secure way is that contact with F-Secure Tech Support via Chat or Phone

they will handle it as soon as possible, in Community process may forward slower.

and for such this cases, they have chat/phone support.

Best Regards,
Parham
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hi all,

We have now identified the problem and currently have  workarounds for those cases.

The problem will be fixed in the next release which should be available in the coming weeks.

In the mean time you can get in touch with our support for further instructions or receive the workarounds.

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
RTJ
Aspirant

Hi.

I also have DNS leak, but your chat is ofline and can't help me.

Could you please just provide the workaround.

Thank you.

F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello @RTJ

As this is an advanced workaround, we would prefer to provide it with the guidance of one of our support agent. 
Did you try to call us as well?

Best Regards

-Ben

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
F-Secure Product Expert
F-Secure Product Expert

Hello all, 

We just released Freedome 1.15 for Windows for first time installers i.e. you will need to download it
from our pages and install on top of your current installation. 

This version should correct the DNS-leak reported.

Best Regards

-Ben

View solution in original post

FormerMember
Not applicable

@Ben wrote:

Hello all, 

We just released Freedome 1.15 for Windows for first time installers i.e. you will need to download it
from our pages and install on top of your current installation. 

This version should correct the DNS-leak reported.

Indeed it does. Thank you!