Freedom Android App not working on tablet.

Scholar

Freedom Android App not working on tablet.

I've this android 4.2.2 tablet and installed the freedom app via google play store. If i tap the button/circle to activate vpn connection the button/circle rotates a few times and then stopps. No connection is beeing established. Nor do i get any error/log message. The first time using the app i checked at the poopup box that i trust this app and it may open up a vpn connection. What can i do to get freedom working on my tablet?

10 REPLIES 10
Supporter

Re: Freedom Android App not working on tablet.

Have you tried reinstall the app on the tablet?

If so was the problem exactly the same after?

/Niklas

F-Secure Product Expert

Hello,

Kindly try connect to a wifi(wireless LAN) then switch ON the F-Secure Freedome? Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Highlighted
Scholar

No, i do not have deinstalled and reinstalled the app because i entered a coupon code giving me 180 days of free trial and i do not know if the coupon ist still valid or if the app would automatically remember my trial. I want to avoid the lost of this free trial.

However the app got an update recently. But no changes in the behavior. Still it does not establish a vpn connection.

@Jayson i establish a connection through my home wireless network first an the enable the freedom app to establish a vpn over my w-lan.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi,

We have released a new Freedome build last week, please logon to Google Play Store and upgrade the application.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

I just installed the app on my Android tablet (4.4.2) and I have exactly the same problem. Even rebooted, but no change.

Ove S.

F-Secure

Hi Ove!

Is this issue still ongoing?  Let us know so we can investigate further :)

// Chrissy

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Actually I downgraded back to Android 4.3 (CyanogenMod 10.2) so now I have Freedome working just fine Smiley Happy

Scholar

I have a similar issue. The  "Freedome attemps to create a VPN connection" page never appears after installation so I never get chance to check box. .  I am running Android 4.4.4 on a Samsung Galaxy s4.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled app and it still won't start.  Reboot doesn't help either.  Any advice? Thanks

Community Manager

Hi rwjack,

You can check this article here for more information on this.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.