installation failed

Scholar

Re: installation failed

hi simon

ok it downloaded 2 updates and i had 3 optional ones which i left alone for the time being,

i have just tried to install again and it got to 100% before installation failed Smiley Mad

yes that was the avg removal link i used, so now i will try your FS removal and try that way, im not the fastest on a comp so please bare with me  Smiley Happy

Advocate

I have Win 7 and windows update stopped working one time and I couldn't install new updates. If your windows update isn't working properly anymore you can try this to reset windows update:

Go to Control Panel, Troubleshooting, Fix problems with windows update(under heading "System and Security")

(in control panel you might need to change "View by:" to be able to see all icons)

or http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-update-issues and look for an automated "Fix-it" solution

EDIT: I didn't see your last post, so don't do this if your windows update is already working :)

Scholar

Smiley Sad

ok removed as per your link, reinstalled, it started at 1% instead of 70%, progressed to 70% stalled then as before bounced between 94%and 84% then quickly up to 100% installation failed.

i have been trying to remove avg tune up (which i downloaded with avg  anti virus a couple of months back) but its not doing anything, i was hopeing that the link would remove that aswell as the avg anti virus but it remained, could this be connected because if it is not then there are no other clues i can give you as to why this F-S will not download??

if i had hair i would be pulling it out now !!! lol

Scholar

Hi Nick or nikK

cheers i found the mr fix it guy and let him do his thing, what exactly i dont know but he came back happy, however  when simon showed me how to check through control panel for updates, i had 2 that needed doing so im thinking mr fix it is abit like my wife and does only half a job Smiley Wink

Superuser

If AVG Tune Up won't uninstall via Control Panel > Programs, then you might find this useful. It seems a little convoluted, but it's step by step...

http://m.wikihow.com/Uninstall-AVG-PC-Tuneup

I should have asked this before, but you don't have any other anti virus or security software on the machine, do you?
Superuser

Oh, just another thought, did you reboot after running the F-Secure Uninstallation Tool?
Scholar

i dont think so..... i have a security thing from the hsbc bank that tells me if im on a secure site or not ( this site is showing  unsecureSmiley Embarassed  ) i think its called rappore or something like that, basicly my www address bar goes green for good sites and grey for unsecured,

i will have ago with your link to see if its avg pc tune up creating the problem.

be back soon lol

Scholar

yes i did reboot Smiley Happy  well i say i did, the comp wanted to

Superuser

I'm not sure if the HSBC thing would cause issues or not, but F-Secure does have its own inbuilt banking protection. How easy would it be to uninstall the HSBC thing temporarily, then try the F-Secure installation and if that works then reinstall the HSBC thing?
Advocate

Fix-it will only get windows update to work again. Then you have to search for and install any new updates. So I guess he's like your wife then Smiley Wink

Regarding AVG Tuneup, it seems a lot of people are having trouble uninstalling it. Some suggest stopping its service before uninstall, others suggest installing it again and then try uninstalling it:

http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=226230