installation failed

Scholar

Re: installation failed

right, i have uninstalled trusteer, which was my hsbc thing, then i uninstalled F-S then i restarted the comp, reinstalled F-S and as we speak its still stuck on 70% as for pc tune up i can not open as it says something is missing? cant remember the code thingy that it stated, but it did suggest reinstalling it so NikK that might be the way to go with that........ installation failed .

so im guessing reinstall pc tune up then uninstalling it? dont know what else to do Smiley Frustrated

Superuser

Yes, reinstall and uninstall Tune up would be the next step.

It would be useful to get some clarification as to whether Trusteer is compatible with F-Secure. I found some information that says it is compatible with the 2011 version, but that didn't include Banking Protection. If you can get F-Secure installed, I would definitely reinstall Trusteer afterwards, at least for the time being, until we can get some further info. There maybe something already on the forum, or in the Knowledge Base, but I'm on my phone at the moment so can't really search too easily.
Scholar

right installation failed....

what ive done so far

uninstalled avg useing the link on here

restarted

sorted out and downloaded windows updates

uninstalled F-S then restarted

reinstalled F-S

uninstalled trusteer

uninstalled F-S then restarted

then reinstalled F-S

redownloaded then removed in full avg pc tune up

uninstalled F-S then restarted

then reinstalled F-S

exactly the same, loads upto 70% then bounces between 94 & 84% before whizzing to 100% " installation failed "

GRRRrrrrrr

s

Advocate

Even though we suspect pc tune up is causing the failed F-Secure installation, we can't be sure. It might be something else.

To uninstall tune up I suggest you turn to an avg forum for help, if it doesn't work with re-installing and uninstalling.

Another idea is to use F-Secure Support Tool to gather information about your system, and send that file to F-Secure support. However, since F-Secure won't install, you don't have the Support Tool, so you could try this:

Download, open/unzip and run the Support Tool from here:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/fsdiag/fsdiag.zip

When you run that it will create a file on your desktop that hopefully will contain some logs that can explain why F-Secure can't be installed.

You then submit a support request, and in that support request you attach the FSDIAG file from your desktop:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

Then hopefully the support technicians can find the reason why the installation keeps failing.

Scholar

Yes simon i will reinstall trusteer but as for if we get F-S downloaded that looking like a HUGE  IF now lol

Highlighted
Scholar

lol NikK your scareing me now with zippi me things files etc etc im just a simpleton lol

Advocate

No, it's very easy, you don't have to zip anything. Just run the tool and it will create the FSDAG file. It may take a few minutes.

Some more info about FSDIAG file here: http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/fsdiag

Superuser

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, and can inky concur with Nik's suggestion. Unfortunately though, that doesn't give you any current protection.

Can I just ask, where did you download the F-Secure installer from? Have you tried the one from the Downloads section on the main F-Secure site?
Superuser

If all else fails, and you end up without anything installed, go to Control Panel, and enable Windows Defender. At least that will give you some protection until this can be sorted out.
Scholar

i followed the F-secure link from the virgin mobile site, simon

NikK, i clicked open on the first link you gave me and it filled my screen up with writing, is that from my comp or was that in the folder? if it was in the folder already then what am i supposed to do with it?