Want to buy Internet Security but gets SAFE instead?

I was thinking about buying F-Secure Internet Security, but when I start the buying procedure on your web page it says I'm buying F-Secure SAFE instead. I'm not really interested in that product at the moment, why can't I buy Internet Security?

Comments

• martink
    martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Search the net for a store that still has them.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Xroj wrote:

I was thinking about buying F-Secure Internet Security, but when I start the buying procedure on your web page it says I'm buying F-Secure SAFE instead. I'm not really interested in that product at the moment, why can't I buy Internet Security?

Hello,

Just as addition to previous good suggestion. And I'm also only F-Secure user.

For example, MAYBE F-Secure Internet Security is also available as part of renew:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/internet-security-renew

And, maybe, when you tried to buy F-Secure Internet Security -> yes, page indeed switched to SAFE-words -> but options are different (for example, possible to buy it for 'one' device; while with F-Secure SAFE only 'up to three'-devices as min-option); Maybe it will be F-Secure SAFE anyway, but there is one ask:

-> Why do you want to buy certain F-Secure Internet Security?

There is small difference between "F-Secure Internet Security" and "F-Secure SAFE" (for desktops); But price for same count of devices is one. Even F-Secure SAFE with more abilities to manage and with abilities to use more platforms if needed (Android, Mac).

Does any known points are breakpoints there (like design of "SAFE" or so)? Or just as own feelings?

Thanks!

• Xroj
    Xroj Posts: 2 New Member

Oh, I have no particular opinions on the design of SAFE, I just try to avoid buying software with more options than I need, as that, in my experience, usually means more things that can break.

But if I can't buy Internet Security I guess I'll go for SAFE. I was just wondering if there was something wrong with the website or if Internet Security had been discontinued.

Anyway, thanks for your answers!

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

It is a good concern. :)

Also, about main topic. Just like repeat-words: I'm also only F-Secure user -> so, it will be only unofficial feelings and suggestions.

Such situation with F-Secure Internet Security (switch to 'SAFE' during try to buy it?!) on the website is discussed under community between users already. So, it is not a fresh situation. But I'm still not sure does it should be like that or not (sounds that - yes; but I did not read any official clarifications).

With my own understanding -> F-Secure Internet Security is not discontinued, but smoothly promoted to switch from IS to SAFE.

With common view -> it is logical situation. For example, difference between F-Secure Internet Security (Windows) and F-Secure SAFE (for Windows platform) is too much small.

F-Secure SAFE is Internet Security for some platforms (not only Windows, but also Mac/Android and iOS application). With 'different' design for each platform; SAFE Subscription will open ability to use licence for any of supported platforms.

With F-Secure Internet Security subscription's licences are pinned to Windows platform only.

Main difference between F-Secure SAFE (for Windows) and F-Secure Internet Security: web-portal; and some of Parental control (content blocker, time limits) features are ruled not locally (but under portal).

F-Secure SAFE with "My F-Secure Account"-portal where possible to handle some things like (re-use licences from unused devices; configure Parental Control/Content Blocker; some addition features for mobile platform). But with F-Secure Internet Security also possible to do such things (even with not so 'own' steps or with certain specific design of use).

- Installing and activation licence for SAFE: login into portal; choose platform/option and download installer with bundled licence-key; then install it; and possible to handle some things later (under portal).

- Installing and activation licence for Internet Security: download installer from F-Secure website (or from certain URL); install it and add 'subscription-licence-key'.

Pretty one design. Even with SAFE may be more friendly look. Features should be with 'one' view (except that Content Blocker with local set up for F-Secure Internet Security; and "My F-Secure Account" is not 'in use'). With meanings that there is "one price" between solutions  (at least, with official F-Secure website) -> I think that 'smooth' promotion for SAFE is not harm.

So, I feel that possible to try ?! potential step with 'renew'-URL for Internet Security; Or advice from this reply; If F-Secure Internet Security is suitable solution for you, of course.

And then -> possible to re-check some articles about F-Secure SAFE (what if it is OK solution too):

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/tkb-p/Protection@tkb

// but, yes, it is unclear  and strange when you tried to buy "F-Secure Internet Security" and then see "F-Secure SAFE" words under webstore-page.

Sorry for my long reply! Smiley Sad

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info