Problem with real-time scanning

Highlighted
Scholar

Problem with real-time scanning

Hi!

I have updated to the new OSX Yosemite. After the update I have some problems with the real-time scanning. It dosen't work. It says that the Mac is NOT protected against virus. Can some people help me, before I have to buy another virusprogram for protection?

Sorry for my bad english :)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: Problem with real-time scanning

Dear gushecht,

Currently F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac does not support Mac OS X Yosemite yet as Apple has not officially launch it.  F-Secure will support Mac OS X Yosemite after Apple launches the official version.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Andy Yoon

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

18 REPLIES 18
Advocate

Supported Platforms for Anti-Virus for Mac doesn't mention Yosemite. So either it's not supported, or maybe it is supported but that page hasn't been updated. I'm not sure so I hope the F-Secure team can help out here!

You could try to uninstall and reinstall the product and see if that helps. Uninstallation Tool:

ftp://ftp.f-secure.com/support/tools/uitool/mac/MacProtection/

F-Secure

Hi stmana!

Have you tried the re-install, or has anything else helped?  Or do you still need our advice?  Please let us know! :)

Has somebody helped you? Give Kudos as a way to say "thanks!"
Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using the "Accept as Solution" button to let others know.
Novice

Hello, just wanted to report to the F-Secure world that I am on Yosemite beta and had the same problem

Uninstalled and then downloaded and reinstalled and I'm good to go

F-Secure Product Expert

Dear gushecht,

Currently F-Secure Anti-Virus for Mac does not support Mac OS X Yosemite yet as Apple has not officially launch it.  F-Secure will support Mac OS X Yosemite after Apple launches the official version.

Thanks.
Best Regards,
Andy Yoon

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

Novice

Hi. Im currently running OSX 10.9.5 and just updated my f-secure. Now the real-time scanning does not work and Im not protected. What to do?

Sincerely Asbjørn

Scholar

Now Yosemite is officially realeased. When do we get update for the the F-Secure?

F-Secure

Hi,

It seems that the Yosemite upgrade deletes a folder essential to our software. The easiest way to resolve the problem is to re-install the application.

If you're familiar with Terminal, you can also fix the problem by running the following command as an admin user (you will need to supply your password):

sudo mkdir /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/

Scholar

Thanks! This solved the problem : 

sudo mkdir /usr/local/f-secure/fssp/var/update/

Novice

Works Like a Charm.