Finder does not lock my device

I have the problem that I can send sound alarms, locate the device but it will not crash when I send the order my mobile with android in the fsecure safe app has active device lock and permissions. Please help.

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

Just because there is not comes any replies yet;

Based on Help/Documentation article:

https://help.f-secure.com/product.html#home/safe-android/2017/en/task_134E3280AEA7457FA66D75F4371E1E34-safe-android-2017-en

Note: You need to activate device administrator permissions for the app to turn on the ability to remotely lock and wipe your device.

Sounds as ->  you able to use "Sound an alarm on your device" and "Locate your device" by default;

But for "Lock your device" and "Wipe your personal data from the device" you have to configure/allow F-Secure SAFE as administrator-of-device (?!);

By ""in the fsecure safe app has active device lock and permissions"" - do you mean this point (?!); Or about something else? Based on this articles -- if you have "ON"-status for this options under F-Secure SAFE application UI - it should also means that there is "configured" SAFE as Administrator (but good to re-check maybe);

If it properly configured and anyway there trouble about "lock device" (or so) --> maybe there will be some other proper suggestions (since there can be some of potential reasons) by more experienced users;

Or you also able to try talk with F-Secure Support Channels (for proper investigation):

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

Thanks!

• mummyjojo
    mummyjojo Posts: 2 New Member

I am having the same problem.The alarm will work but it will not lock-so frustrating

• Jenki
    Jenki Posts: 4 New Member
    I having the same problem.
  • Näsäviisas
    Näsäviisas Posts: 784 Superuser
    This is not so simple.
    I don't know about programming prosess in Finder. But here is an analysis:
    - in smartphone many parts
    - device > many produsers and plenty of models
    - OS (Android), many versions of Android
    - applications, in this case F-S Safe
    - SIM-card from teleoperator, in SIM functions and properties