How can I lock/unlock my device via My F-Secure?

If you suspect that your device is missing, you can first lock it remotely from My F-Secure before wiping your data permanently on your SAFE-protected device.

Note: This feature is available only for SAFE for Android. The "Lock/Wipe device" setting must be enabled on your device for it to work. This setting is disabled by default. Turning this feature on requires F-Secure SAFE to have device administrator permissions.

1. Log in to My F-Secure from another computer or device.
  2. On the My F-Secure page, find the device you want to lock from under your circle.
  3. Click or tap the device icon. This brings up a window with basic details pertaining to that device.
  4. Click or tap Finder.
  5. In the Finder window, click or tap Lock.
  6. To lock your device, click or tap the Lock button. It may take up to a few minutes before your device is remotely locked.
  7. Your device can be unlocked by simply unlocking it normally on the device, or similarly via My F-Secure remotely.

Note: Unlocking a device via My F-Secure resets your security code. This means that your device will no longer have the screen lock enabled. After unlocking a device, remember to manually enable the screen lock function on the device again.

Pricing & Product Info

For product info and pricing please go to the F-Secure SAFE product page

Version history
Revision #:
5 of 5
Last update:
a week ago
Updated by:

Labels (5)