F-secure subscirption expiry date not showing

Scholar

F-secure subscirption expiry date not showing

Hello. The expiry date for FSIS 2013 subscription is showing "Subscription is valid" but it does not show an expiry date. How can I fix this?

23 REPLIES 23
F-Secure Product Expert

Re: F-secure subscirption expiry date not showing

Hi globy123,

Please check in the Subscription status page.
- F-Secure > View my subscriptions > Subscription status.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" -Albert Einstein

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

That is exactly what I am looking at, Jayson, and what I see is the same globy123 complained about:Ö instead of the expiry date, I see "Tilaus voimassa" ("Subscription is valid" in Finnish). I already had this with FSIS 2012 and now I have it with FSIS 2013. How can I verify the expiration date?

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Hönö,

Under the Subscription status, it should show:

F-Secure_product_name          x/x subscriptions in use
This Computer                             Expires: dd/mm/yyyy
Computer x                                   Expires: dd/mm/yyyy

Could you provide us a screenshot if you see otherwise?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.

This is the relevant part of the pop-up:

F-Secure-tilaus.PNG

I hope the language poses no problem.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Hönö,

Please right click on the F-Secure icon on the taskbar then choose About.

What is the version showing?
F-Secure 1.xx build xxx

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Jayson

F-Secure 1.62 build 366 (but as I said, I already had the same problem with FSIS 2012).

Scholar

It's been more than 2 weeks and I am still waiting for a solution to this problem.

F-Secure Product Expert

Hi globy123 & Hönö,

It depends what type of licenses you have in use. Could you contact to our technical support, so we can check your keycode?

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

For example we have easy type license where you renew subscription once every year, but the keycode will stay same.

Yeah, that's what I thought (and therefore did not report when I noticed it the first time). I know my expiration date because I have retained the email that has all the info. However, I decided to back up globy123 in his/her complaint because the user interface is so very rude.

On that same pop-up, there is a link "Lisää uusi tilaus- tai kampanjakoodi" ("Add a new subscription or campaign code" or some such), and in my confusement, I tried it to see what happens. This happened many months ago, so I cannot remember all details, but I ended up getting a notification that said that "tilausta on jatkettu" ("subscription has been extended") and that "F-Secure Internet Security 2012, tilaus voimassa 20.12.2030 saakka" ("..subscription is valid until 20.12.2030"), which I find absolutely baffling.

The user interface is way too confusing. You have to make it more understandable and informative. The user interface must help users to verify the information, instead of adding more confusion.