F-Secure SAFE

Aspirant

F-Secure SAFE

I have been disappointed that the parental control for stopping my childs use of individual apps has disappeared in a recent upgrade. This was the most important parental control for us and is forcing us to look elsewhere for better parental control software - very disappointing F-Secure.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Manager

Re: F-Secure SAFE

Hi ParentAndy,

Did you see the option for Family Rules with SAFE after the upgrade? Family Rules, as mentioned in this article, is a centrally-managed parental control feature that lets you look after your family's well-being by setting screen time limits, blocking access to undesirable websites and locating lost, stolen or misplaced devices.

You can find more information from the SAFE KB articles here.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Dear Laksh,

Thanks for the reply. It is the family rules update I am referring to. I can set time limits and limit access to particular categories on the internet (as before but with a bit of additional detail) but, as far as I can see, the option to prevent access to the use of particular loaded apps on a phone or prevent new apps from being loaded and launched without permission being granted has gone.  

Community Manager

Hi ParentAndy,

Thanks for your explanation. I have passed on your feedback to our SAFE product team. Application control for SAFE Android will be introduced as a remote functionality on our product roadmap in next coming months.

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving likes. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Aspirant

Thanks for reply - we have found that app blocking/permission for new apps on our kids phone has been one of the most effective parental controls so I am very keen to see this returned to f-secure SAFE asap.