Can I cancel my update on one computer?

Scholar

Can I cancel my update on one computer?

I installed a F-Secure Internet Security 2012 last year on three computers and updated it now to 2013-14 (two years license). I would've liked to save one of those possibilities of installation if (when) I buy a new computer next year.

I updated the program on one computer and it updated it on ALL the three. So, is it possible to cancel that update on one computer? I think not, but I want to ask this anyhow.

Should I have removed the installation from the computer that I didn't want to update if I had wanted to put it on some other third computer?

I hope someone can help me : ) Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Former F-Secure Employee

Re: Can I cancel my update on one computer?

Hi nimain,

The expiry date will start counting once the subcription key has been used for the first time, hence it is not possible to keep one license not to update.

Best regards,

Gary

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
3 REPLIES 3
Former F-Secure Employee

Hi nimain,

The expiry date will start counting once the subcription key has been used for the first time, hence it is not possible to keep one license not to update.

Best regards,

Gary

Has somebody helped you? Say thanks by giving kudos. Has your issue been solved? Mark the post using "Accept As Solution" button to let others know.
Scholar

Thought so, thanks for answering though!

So when I buy a new computer, do I remove the F-Secure IS from all the computers where it was and then install it to the three I want to? Or how should I act? 'Cause I want to leave that one computer without IS : )

Former F-Secure Employee

Hi nimain,

If you want to transfer the F-Secure license from one computer to a different (new) computer, simply uninstall the F-Secure software from Control Panel on the computer that you do not want to have F-Secure, and install it on the new one.

Best Regards,

Gary