i am being told l am not protected why?

i am being told l am not protected    why?

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

Is your subscription still valid?

Have you got all of the current Windows updates installed?

Have you checked to see that your f-secure updates are current and have been installed?

Have you rebooted your computer since you received the error message?

Do you have any other security products installed, other than f-secure?

• Skindeep
    Skindeep Posts: 16 Observer

Same problem.  Received a message via Windows own notification system telling me there was a problem with my Anti Virus, on checking I find this message from F-Secure Safe "Your computer is not fully protected"  + "Virus Protection is not up to date" + "Check for latest update" why I don't know, it's supposed to check and update automatically.  Did a manual update, made absolutely no difference, still get the same warning from F-Secure.  My subscription is paid and up to date.

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

@Skindeep wrote:

Same problem.  Received a message via Windows own notification system telling me there was a problem with my Anti Virus, on checking I find this message from F-Secure Safe "Your computer is not fully protected"  + "Virus Protection is not up to date" + "Check for latest update" why I don't know, it's supposed to check and update automatically.  Did a manual update, made absolutely no difference, still get the same warning from F-Secure.  My subscription is paid and up to date.

Hello,

Your experience still about such prompt?

If yes/not -> this is your main system (daily usage)? Or system - which booted time to time?

If second option -> maybe F-Secure postponed "large" database updates (Aquarius-core) and required to use "Check updates"-button more times (or after some minutes/hours);

If "prompt" still there -> maybe good to contact F-Secure Support (?!).

Also it possible to "Rightclick" F-Secure tray-picture -> "Open Common Settings" and check "Updates"-tab about list (latest date of installed updates/timestamp and status);

Thanks!

• Skindeep

Thank you for your reply.  The message "Your computer is not fully protected" etc. is now permantly displayed on my main system when I click on the icon.  The computer is in use everyday and is rarely turned off.  F-Secure reports that the latest update has been installed and as I previously stated I have manually actioned updates myself to no avail, the message continues to display.

My F-Secure comes up for renewal next month October 2017.  I remember last year I kept getting annoying reminders popping up on my screen every few minutes weeks beforehand getting in the way of my work and there was nothing I could do to stop them bar renew the licence, this year I might look elsewhere. 

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

You mentioned that the machine is rarely turned off, but have you rebooted it?  Sometimes a reboot is required to get all updates to install.  Also, it might be worth checking that you have no Windows Updates waiting to install.

• Skindeep

Thank you for your help.

• Skindeep

All sorted now thank you.  Released licence, uninstalled then reinstalled.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info