Trial Antivirus / Internet Security

Hi I am half way into the trial of Antivirus. I would like to have a look at Internet Security. Cant find a way to get a trial key for Internet security or a trial download link like I did with Antivirus. When I log in my trial is listed as Safe witch I never have wanted.

Regards

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Next one can be as potential workaround (maybe):

But why you do not want to use/try F-Secure SAFE?

For Windows systems (platform): F-Secure SAFE is F-Secure Internet Security;

And just as additional options to install/use your licenses under another platforms (Android/Mac/Windows Phone?!/iOS); And some management-points;

For packages like (five devices/one year) price for F-Secure SAFE and for F-Secure IS probably..... same.

Thanks!

• Morten2
    Morten2 Posts: 11 Observer

I have got to download a Internet Security Webinstaller 80x Kb But it requires a KEY. So how to get a Internet Security KEY, then?

And to answer your question. I am in a quat for finding a new antivirus solution/platform. And for that to happen I need to test. The more annoyances I meet in my quest, the more likely is that my qust continues elsewhere. Now I am here :)

• Morten2

OK. I see. F-secure includes the trial key in the filename. So the one you linked to works, the one I got from F-secure was named 'F-SecureNetworkInstaller.exe' and required a key. Moving on. Same file.

• Morten2

Looked like it was going to work. But no.

This key cannot be used to extend the subscription.

So. How do I get to test Internet Security?

• Ukko

@Morten2 wrote:

I have got to download a Internet Security Webinstaller 80x Kb But it requires a KEY. So how to get a Internet Security KEY, then?

And to answer your question. I am in a quat for finding a new antivirus solution/platform. And for that to happen I need to test. The more annoyances I meet in my quest, the more likely is that my qust continues elsewhere. Now I am here :)

Hello,

If downloaded network installer from my URL:

--> Did you re-name filename? If yes -> maybe good to back it to first-state;

Or possible to try as "Key": text between "_"-characters under installer-filename (from URL);

--> If not and you launch 'downloaded installer' with 'no changes';

Maybe possible to run F-Secure Uninstallation Tool:

https://download.sp.f-secure.com/uninstallationtool/FsUninstallationTool.exe

or previous tool ;

And then re-try install trial F-Secure Internet Security;

With common design: by using networkinstaller with bundled "Key" under filename -> it should automatically trigger validation during installation and give for you thirty days of trial;

Thanks!

Looked like it was going to work. But no.
    This key cannot be used to extend the subscription.
    So. How do I get to test Internet Security?

So.. except some points from first part of my reply: maybe you have to uninstall F-Secure AV or F-Secure IS (which ask you for subscription); And then re-try installation with certain trial-installer;

If not works -> maybe possible re-check steps with Uninstallation tool; If not works: maybe there is some other stuck? I not sure -> if there is any limitation for Trial times. But I with good experience (just installed F-Secure IS trial under one of my systems, where it was not installed before);

Thanks.

• Morten2

Ok. Last try. And no filname is as it was.

I'm going for the removal tool, then on last try before moving on.

:/

• Ukko

Just as clarification:

--> I did my own steps under Windows 10 system;

Where was only Windows Defender and F-Secure Freedome;

--> I downloaded/run installer from noted URL;

--> Installation normally completed (with autohandling license-information from bundled filename probably). And F-Secure IS with thirty days of trial as active installation.

So.. it should works.. probably.

And -> I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions); So.. I'm not sure about proper official steps (except meanings that with my own experience -> potential valid steps are about F-Secure SAFE too);

Generally -> you're able to try F-Secure SAFE as trial-time (for understand/feel F-Secure IS) under Windows platform; With common meanings -> there is small difference.

Thanks!

• Morten2
    Ukko.
    Thank you. F-secure should pay you. I got it installed, and the subscription a new 30days (not what I was after, just a swap but thats a side note). I used the first removal tool you linked to and yes I am on Windows 10.

So now to test :)

Why do stuff complicated when it can be simple Smiley Surprised
  • Ukko

I got it installed, and the subscription a new 30days (not what I was after, just a swap but thats a side note).

Yes... most likely certain 'extend' only work with subscription activation/re-activation; Also time to time noted that if you add subscription-license over the trial-time -> it also extended (trial days to subscription's days);

Also this is should not work between different solutions like F-Secure AV and F-Secure IS; Where installation should ask for 'remove/uninstall' previous solution (before installing current solution);

So -> if we talk about subscriptions-state (as example; activated F-Secure AV license and activated F-Secure IS license); They will 'active' (days out) even if you do not use it (but only after first activation?!).

With meanings: if you switch from F-Secure AV subscription (which possible to use some months else) to freshly F-Secure IS subscription: F-Secure AV will be just unused this days (and then - expired);

Why do stuff complicated when it can be simple

Basically -> to try F-Secure IS required only some steps: get trial-installer; download/run installer;

Trouble -> on current days more actual to use F-Secure SAFE than F-Secure IS (with some meanings); With F-Secure SAFE: to create F-Secure Account and download installer from portal;

And I not sure about official design as potential promotion to use F-Secure SAFE trial (and not F-Secure IS), but with F-Secure AV: still 'friendly' design (but required more steps for trial-installer/key maybe);

Thanks!

• nanonyme
    nanonyme Posts: 145 Path Finder

Hey,

I don't think Internet Security is being sold to new customers. Why not just use SAFE? It is effectively the same thing as the older Internet Security.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info