Multi user licence - error no licences available

Pin2
Pin2 Posts: 3 New Member

Hi, hope someone can help. I purchased a 3 device licence and have installed Freedom on 2 devices but it says I don't have any licences when trying to install on my mac. How can I find out which devices have had freedom installed?

thanks

pin

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Pin2,

May I know from where you purchased the Freedome license? Was it from us directly or is it an appstore purchase?

What are the 2 device OS in which Freedome is installed? We have the license transfer functionality with Freedome as explained in this article.

• Pin2

Hi,

I brought the licence direct from yourselves. I purchased the 3 device option but have only used 2...my laptop and iphone, therefore I should have 1 more device available.

Thanks

• [Deleted User]

Hi Pin2,

If it is a multi device subscription purchased from us directly, Freedome should prompt for a license transfer when you install it on your Mac. Are you using the recent installer for Freedome as provided here?

Every time you install Freedome, the app uses up one of your available licenses from your multi-device subscription. If you have used up all your available licences when trying to install Freedome on a device, the app detects that your subscription code has reached its maximum number of installations (used licenses), and Freedome prompts for a license transfer. This is explained in detail in the article I shared before.

• Pin2

Hi,

I assume I used the most recent installer as I downloaded the software via your website. I don't get an option to transfer licence, I just get a message advising I don't have any more licences available.

I find it incredible that I simply cannot see which devices have a licence associated with it. 

Pin

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Pin2 wrote:

Hi, 

I assume I used the most recent installer as I downloaded the software via your website. I don't get an option to transfer licence, I just get a message advising I don't have any more licences available.

I find it incredible that I simply cannot see which devices have a licence associated with it. 

Pin

Hello,

Sorry for my reply.

I'm also only F-Secure user (their home solutions); Maybe can be some of potential reasons for such stuck.

But does such ""advising I don't have any more licences available."" comes with any of buttons like "release licenses" (or "re-use"); If not (and Knowledgebase-article did not work) maybe you able to re-try it today (!?) --> what if  it was trouble with Mac (based on this topic);

And maybe good to try contact direct F-Secure Support channel (chat/phone): 

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/contact-support

At least, for re-check your subscription status (or so) and maybe with proper advices about.

Thanks!

• [Deleted User]

Hi Pin,

As Ukko has suggested, I would also recommend to contact our support team in order to check further regarding your license.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info