code not valid for this device

illyich
illyich Posts: 5 New Member
Have been a subscriber to Freedome since practically day one. Never had any problems till now. I have a multiple subscription, 3 machines, and yesterday had to reinstall Freedome on one of these as it froze on me and wouldn't open the window. However when I entered the code I got the message: Not valid for this device. The sub is valid untill September so I cannot see what the problem is. Please expedite your reply as I see that new subscribers to Freedome now have only a 5 day trial instead of 30. Thanx

Comments

• illyich
    Forgot to mention all 3 machines are Windows and that I purchased the code through cleverbridge. Have just now discovered your reply to a similar problem posted 3 weeks ago.but in that case the solution involved a license transfer which I have not been offered..
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi illyich,

Are you using the recent version of Freedome installer to reinstall? This article describes the license transfer functionality we have with Freedome. Please try to download a fresh installer of Freedome from here and retry the installation.

• illyich
    Thanks for your reply. Used your link to download and installed Freedome after first removing the previous trial version. Same result I'm afraid. I now have only 3 days left to get this solved. Having searched further I find that all instances where Freedome asks for a license transfer occur when the error message reads: Could not verify your code. As my message says: Code not valid for this device I'm wondering if something else might be the problem.
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi illyich,

This might need further checking with our support team and I have escalated it to them. One of our agents will communicate back to you for further troubleshooting.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info