iOS Connection Issues

MattSoucoup
MattSoucoup Posts: 2 New Member

Hello,

I have been having issues keeping my iOS devices connected to Freedome.

The symptoms are as follows:

• iOS device goes to sleep
  • On wake - the Freedome VPN connection spins & spins - never connects
  • I have to continuously change locations - even turn wifi on & off - in order to get it to connect

Recently this has been happening in the middle of browsing sessions. The VPN will cut out - dropping the device off the network altogether.

It's getting to the point where having Freedome on is very burdensome.

This has been happening both at my home network & at some, but not all, public networks. But this is only limited to iOS - macOS is fine.

I've tried resetting network settings & the setting to keep the VPN while the device sleeps - both to no avail.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi MattSoucoup,

May I know what is the version of iOS on your device?

• MattSoucoup
    MattSoucoup Posts: 2 New Member

These are all iOS 10.3.1 devices (although it was happening on all iOS 10 versions).

And the issue is not limited to one device - it happens on several different ones.

• Waf
    Waf Posts: 7 Observer

I am having exactly the same problem. Although I need to confirm it, it appears that by going to Settings and turning the vpn setting off then on, you can force an immediate Freedome connection.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @Waf and @MattSoucoup,

This issue needs further troubleshooting with our support team along with the logs. I have now escalated your posts individually to our support team. One of our agents will get in touch with your via email to take the case forward.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info