SAFE fails to delete Trojan downloader

Hi, F-Secure SAFE fails to delete something apparently called W97M.Downloader. It does however delete malignant files, ALMOST all of them, that's about 150-200, 2-4 per minute. Once that is done I get about an hour of working freely with the computer before the process, which takes a couple of hours, starts all over. I've run all the tools available to me and routinely get the "all clear" message - which is obviously incorrrect. Most annoying of all is maybe that F-secure shoots a window saying "malignant file found" and "you have new notices" fore EVERY one of the deleted files found.

For the files not deleted, 1-3 out 150-200, I'm told that I'm not authorized to remove them or that they are protected.

What can I do to get rid of this crap?

Any help appreciated!

Michael

FSEC1.JPGFSEC2.JPG

Comments

• VeryFrustrated
    VeryFrustrated Posts: 3 Observer

Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I think there's an old Norman software somehwere, which I haven't used actively for a long time. I'll make sure I delete it. And I will contact F-secure through the chat, good suggestion.

Thanks again!

Michael

• VeryFrustrated
    VeryFrustrated Posts: 3 Observer

Yep, that was it. I managed to delete the old Norman completely, and then ran the F-Secure tools. That did the trick! Everything works fine now. A less on learned: never use two anti-virus programs at the same time!

Thanks for your help!

Michael

• salahalgamdi
    salahalgamdi Posts: 5 New Member

@VeryFrustrated wrote:

Yep, that was it. I managed to delete the old Norman completely, and then ran the F-Secure tools. That did the trick! Everything works fine now. A less on learned: never use two anti-virus programs at the same time!

Thanks for your help!

Michael

• salahalgamdi
    salahalgamdi Posts: 5 New Member

@salahalgamdi wrote:

@VeryFrustrated wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Michael

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info