FS Protection for Mac build 15966 released

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

We are pleased to announce a new release of the FS Protection for Mac. This update is now available for download from My FS Protection, and delivery to existing installations will start today.

Changes include: 

-  Performance improvements.

If you experience any issues, please run the "Support Tool" in the Applications -> "fs protection" folder and submit a bug report with the file created to allow us to investigate the issue. For issues related to Browsing protection and Parental control, remember to include any URLs that reproduce the problem in your bug report. You may also submit false positives and uncategorized web pages directly to F-Secure Labs using https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/labs_global/submit-a-sample#sample-url

As always, we welcome any feedback via the community pages, and reports of any issues found via https://beta.f-secure.com

Best Regards,

FS Protection Mac team

Comments

• Pankaj1
    Pankaj1 Posts: 12 Observer

Hi,

I was just testing this version with the basic testing at AMTSO website.

It detected all the compressed malware formats except the "ACE" format.

Can you look into it?

Also what all scanning engines are used in this version and how is the protection when OFFLINE (i mean are the definitions stored locally on the Mac?)

Thanks.

• [Deleted User]

Hi Pankaj1,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

ACE is not an widely used compression format these days, also as soon as the files are uncompressed, Real Time scanning will detect if there are any harmful files, so users are still protected.  I will forward the request to the team, and decide accordingly whether to include it or not.

Mac client uses Hydra scanning engine & Security clould capabilities to protect the against harmful files.

During offline only Hydra scanning engine capabilities are used,  Hydra database defnitions are stored locally, the detections in Hydra database define the way Hydra scanning engine detects the bad samples/viruses.

Thanks,

Mac Team

• Pankaj1

Thanks for the reply.

Can you point me to any whitepaper/technical details of the various scanning and zero-day detection engines used by the F-Secure (Windows as well as the Mac version). I would love to see some technical details of the Hydra Engine as well as the other engines which are employed by the strongly capable F-Secure. As you have already pointed out, the Mac version only has the Hydra but I would appreciate the details on the windows version as well (since I am planning on buying both for my Mac and PC.)

Thanks.

Pankaj.

• maryajacklon
    maryajacklon Posts: 1 New Member

Remove Trojan.Kotver!gm2 Completely From PC

Name – Trojan.kotver!gm2
    Type – Trojan
    Risk – High
    Infection – Severe
    Threat Length – Varies
    Global Distribution – World Wide
    Detection – Difficult
    System Infected – Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and the latest Windows 10
    Removal – Easy Through Malware Removal Tool

Trojan.kotver!gm2 has been found as a very harmful and noxious computer virus. It belongs to the famous and perniciousTrojan family. It has been reported as a very intrusive and destructive virus infection which is capable to infect all Windows based Operating Systems. Once getting into your machine, this perilous virus infection will firstly disable your anti-virus and firewall programs to avoid its detection or removal. If you want to remove Trojan.kotver!gm2 Virus completely from PC then read this guide:- http://www.howtoremovepcvirus.com/remove-trojan-kotvergm2-completely-pc-easy-removal-guide

• Pankaj1

Hi,

When are you planning on adding the "Right Click Scan" option in the context menus? It is very inconvenient to do a custom scan every time.

• RFlick
    RFlick Posts: 4 New Member

Who do I contact about my fs protection login that isn't working

• [Deleted User]

Hello, could you please create a bug report in https://beta.f-secure.com/ with diagnostic report, so that we will investigate it. Appreciate for your feedback.

• RFlick

I have created 4 in the past two months and no one has responded

• RFlick
  • Juha_Valimaki
    Juha_Valimaki Posts: 43 F-Secure Employee

Sorry for late reply! We are processing your problem with the login now.

This discussion has been closed.