I just turned Freedome on for the first time in a while and now torrents are blocked from all nearby

minicl55
minicl55 Posts: 2 New Member

I bought freedome to download (legally, items I have paid a lot of money to get the licence for) torrents without my ISP shaping my traffic.

I haven't needed to download anything in a while, so I haven't used it. Now, I turned it back on and apparently torrents are blocked. All nearby locations are blocked as well, the closest being Toronto, which is way to far from my location and results in extremely slow download speeds. 

Is it possible to get a partial refund? When I paid for freedome I expected to be able to download torrents (again, legally) for the duration of my licence. 

I bought it from the website and under this email. I've tried contacting support but I waited for a long time and nobody replied.

Comments

• minicl55
    minicl55 Posts: 2 New Member
    Bump?
  • SMagus
    SMagus Posts: 2 New Member

At this point in time all Torrent ports for all locations seem to be blocked - can this be confirmed by Freedome admin?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi SMagus,

BitTorrent restriction is applied only to those locations as mentioned in the KB article shared by Ben above.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info