Block anonymous callers

Options

Couldn't find any documentation on this or a similar topic describing this already, so asking it here.

Is it possible to configure the blocklist of the call-blocker (in mobile F-Secure SAFE) to refuse calls from anonymous callers as well?

Comments

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,619 Superuser
    Options

Hello,

Do you mean Android devices?

Probably there was ask/question about this feature/design under this topic: https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure-SAFE/F-Secure-Mobile-Security-v15-2/m-p/72046/highlight/true#M12625

(maybe it was else in some another topics too).

Basically it was about Mobile Security (and outdated one), but F-Secure SAFE for Android is based on Mobile Security (but with a lot of fresh features/improvements and other).

Under current topic was words... that F-Secure do not designed solution for block hidden phone-numbers (because 'or' but) possible to block this by Android-design feature.

Not sure how it can be with Android devices in fact (under topic was instruction.... how I can to understand... about some of android builds; and maybe some of builds can be with another design or with missing it), because I mainly use Windows Phone.  But with my Windows Phone 8.1 this ("block hidden callers") indeed as part of system software feature (and not based on any of another software).  I think this is can be same for Android platform too.

Sorry for my long reply. Smiley Sad

• Elborro
    Elborro Posts: 2 New Member
    Options

Hi Ukko,

thank you for your thorough response. :)

It's indeed the F-Secure SAFE version for Android devices. Didn't know there was a predecessor called 'Mobile Security'. Sorry for adding this confusion.

Call blocking is indeed a feature in stock android (I'm currently on 6.0.1 still, hope to receive version 7 soon), but blocking private numbers is not supported still. Hopefully it will arrive with version 7. It's a bit silly that it's still not a feature in stock, but a lot of other vendors do indeed deliver this feature in their revision of Android phones.

Since F-Secure SAFE does have a call blocking feature, I hoped this could solve this issue.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info