Sharing Freedome from Windows laptop

DWIII
DWIII Posts: 1 New Member

I am using a Windows 7 laptop (wired to the wall jack) as a wifi hotspot to allow my smart TV to connect to the internet.  When I start Freedome, the TV loses its internet connection; the laptop doesn't.

There are a couple of old questions that suggest that in 2014 Freedome did not allow shared connections.  Is that still the case?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello DWIII, 

Tethering is still not supported with Freedome. There is no current plan to support it in the future.

• Isse
    Isse Posts: 1 New Member
    According to this post you are looking at it..?
    https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/Please-enable-tethering/m-p/72927/highlight/true#M1974

Why will you not support it? If you use your laptop this is a needed feature to be able to surf with your 3G/4G data subscription. More and more of the laptop builders do not build in simcard functionality in their laptops anymore...
  • JMAM
    JMAM Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi

There's definitely a need for tethering. I work in field and use my mobile phone to provide wireless for customer PC's. I don't need application to provide me VPN, I just need internet for laptops, while my mobile phone browsing is secured at the same time. Why you cannot configure a "detour" for mobile access point connections.

if I stop freedome, the whole idea to be untrackable will collapse

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info