Cannot connect to internet while freedome is on

RickPWO
RickPWO Posts: 8 New Member

I am using Windows 10 Home  computer, F-secure Freedome  version 1.4.3038.0 and everything was working perfectly until yesterday, and then stopped working.I have restarted computer several times and hasnt helped.

I changed locations to another country and it worked for a short while.Out of the five locations here in the USA, none will let me connect to the internet.It shows that it is connected but when you open a browser, it says unable to connect.

I was thinking about buying a subscription to F-secure Freedome, but if this wont work, have to look for another VPN

Does anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• GAZZZA
    GAZZZA Posts: 2 New Member

I'm having the same problem can anyone help. also windows ten I have a full version of safe has been working fine till yesterday now can conect to internet when VPN is on.

• Avisitors
    Avisitors Posts: 54 Explorer

hi

I have the same problem.freedome cannot working in my win10 PC but it is hard woring in my win8 laptop and mobile.

• RickPWO

well i am waiting to do a chat with a tech guy online, and see what he says.I think they are in another country, and not USA.So there is a time difference,If i find something that works I'll post it.

• Avisitors
    even if it is unable to connected to internet but the freedome statistics indicate that 40G i have consumed within half an hour.
  • Liebhaber
    Liebhaber Posts: 1 New Member

This has happened to several of my computers also. Seems like they have updated themselves with some package of Windows 10 and then stopped connecting to Internet. If you take away Freedome the connection is established again and it is possible to reinstall Freedome, it works but it can be hard to come that far since the computers are really unstable during this time. Think the support might be in Finland.  Have sent them a support request.

• RickPWO

I have had a phone conversation with them this morning, and ran a diganostic test, and sent them the results.They will get back with me later...but if i change my location to Australia everything works, my location is here in the USA.I also uninstalled and reinstalled it, and that did nothing.

I dont know if Windows 10 is the problem, cause i used the trial version for two months and worked great.

• Avisitors

Freedome is working properly while I chosen my location in Australia but the IP shows in switerland.

• Chameni
    Chameni Posts: 234 F-Secure Employee

Hello RickPWO,

I have highlighted your post to our Support team for further looking into this issue. They will get back to you for further investigation.

Thank you.

• Chameni

Hello @GAZZZA & @Avisitors ,

Sorry to know about this issue, I would suggest to open a support ticket about this issue and attach together the Freedome log in order our support agent to investigate on this issue.

And @Liebhaber,  Since you've mentioned open a support ticket, please send me a private message with the Reference number for the ticket in order for me to follow up the case for you.

Thank you.

• Michiel
    Michiel Posts: 12 New Member

Dear Moderator,

I contacted you a few weeks back with the connection issue. You suggested to delete the vpn settings and reinstal it which I did. The issue seemed to have resolved for about 3 days and now the problem is back. When I turn vpn on the connection to the internet is lost. Ipad shows its connected but it wont actually connect to anything. When I switch vpn off....i have normal connectivity to the net. 

Pls come with a permanent fix or I will drop the subscription. 

You have my details regarding freedome version and ipad iOs version.  

Kind regards,

Michiel. 

xxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Edit : Removed PII

• RickPWO

Hey Michiel,

I have  the same exact problem, except mine in on the computer.It  started working for a few hours a while ago, and its back off now...and we have 30 days to get a refund from our subscripiton, which i am telling you may not be a bad idea for us both.let me show you the letter they sent me a few days ago and i quote "My name is Karim..and i have received this case as an internal escalation, I have elavated a consulation to our products experts for further investigation.And here is the best part because he hasnt done anything yet...I WILL UPDATE YOU AGAIN FRIDAY 13TH OF MAY 5 PM AT THE LATEST WITH A STAUS REPORT FORM THIS INVESTIAGTIOM".....funny it way past 5pm May 13th its now May 14th and Karim didnt update me with anything.

there are  sevearl  VPNs which we can use that have hundreds of servers, not just 5 like in my country.

• Michiel
    Hi Rick,

Thats unfortunate...service is crucial.
    In my case been using this vpn for bout a year, subscribed and was working fine till bout 2 months ago when i upgraded my ipad to latest iOs. Not working since. I am hoping the moderator is reading all these complaints cause were not the only ones by looks of it.
    Hope they come with a permanent fix soon otherwise im gonna cancel it.
    Cheers and good luck.
    M.
  • Michiel

Re: Cannot connect to internet while freedome is on
    Options
    2 hours ago

Dear Moderator,

I contacted you a few weeks back with the connection issue. You suggested to delete the vpn settings and reinstal it which I did. The issue seemed to have resolved for about 3 days and now the problem is back. When I turn vpn on the connection to the internet is lost. Ipad shows its connected but it wont actually connect to anything. When I switch vpn off....i have normal connectivity to the net.
    Pls come with a permanent fix or I will drop the subscription.
    You have my details regarding freedome version and ipad iOs version.
    Kind regards,
    Michiel.
    xxxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Edit : Removed PII

• Notnever
    Notnever Posts: 8 New Member

Run a clean boot

Click on search and type msconfig and hit enter

1. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click and select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and click Disable all.

2.On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, click Open Task Manager.

3.On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

4.Close Task Manager.

5.On the System Configuration dialog box, then hit Apply and OK, and restart the computer.

6. After the clean boot open msconfig again and choose Normal Startup, go to the startup tab click on open Task Manager and re-enable the services one by one, close Task Manager and then hit Apply and OK and restart.

• Michiel

any suggestions for ipad users?

cheers

• Notnever
    Notnever Posts: 8 New Member

Hi, Michiel

You could try to do a soft reset on your Ipad

I don't own an Ipad and I'm not familiar with it, but I do know a few who had some similar problems with theirs, and after they did a reset everything seemed to work again and even speed up a bit. You won't lose any info or any saved content when you do this it will just refresh the memory.

This is how you do it

When your Ipad is on hold down both the Home and the Power button and keep holding them until the screen goes blank and the apple logo shows. The reboot can take a few seconds or minutes

that's it hope it works

• RickPWO

Hi Michiel,

Hey they might take this down but, you can try using "CyberGhosts VPN", I am using the free edition on my computer until they find a fix for it.For some odd reason F-secure Freedome works on my tablet at least for now anyway..lol...But one draw back with CyberGhosts is that you have a short wait to get online unless you buy the preminum one.

• Michiel

Thx. Will deinstal freedome....do a reset...then reinstal. See if that works. 

Freedome is awfully quiet with trying to come up with a fix!

cheers

• GAZZZA
    GAZZZA Posts: 2 New Member

I have got mine working again now I turned the firewall off in my router and It seems to be working again. Are the ISP getting wise to these vpn's

@RickPWO wrote:

Hi Michiel,

Hey they might take this down but, you can try using "CyberGhosts VPN", I am using the free edition on my computer until they find a fix for it.For some odd reason F-secure Freedome works on my tablet at least for now anyway..lol...But one draw back with CyberGhosts is that you have a short wait to get online unless you buy the preminum one.

@RickPWO wrote:

Hi Michiel,

• Michiel

Hi GAZZZA,

Thx, I have the paid eddition. It was working fine for last 2 years without fiddeling with my router settings. 

Untill my last iOs update all was working fine...now it stopped working. 

Am waiting for the freedome team to come with a permanet fix....so far no help. 

Ill give it another week then my patience is up. 

Cheers. 

M.

• Chameni

Hello Michiel,

We do apologies for the issue with F-Secure Freedome on your current device. Please open a support ticket here and include the Freedome log in order for us to investigate better this issue.

Thank you.

• Chameni

Hello RickPWO,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this, I have highlighted your post to our Support team for further looking into this issue and update you regarding the opened support ticket.

We apologized for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you.

• RickPWO

Hi Michiel,

My Freedome has been working for two days now,the tech guy said the pro tech guys have been working on this.So i dont know how long it will stay connected...lol...but thought i'd share this with you.

• Michiel

Tried...didnt work. But thx

• RickPWO

Hi Michiel,

Hey, well its back off again, it was working, and today i cannot  connect to the internet with it on again...this is really sad, cause they havent said a thing about what i should do to fix it, if its something to do on my computer.Anyway tomorrow will be my 15th day i had this, and i have 30 days to ask for a refund.F-secure isnt looking good to me at all now...Smiley Sad

• Michiel
    Same here. After delete and reinstall worked for like 3 days. Afterwards back to same problem. Not working since.
    I have logged an official complaint and sent log files. Hopefully they will do something with it for a fix.
    Keep you posted if I do get some info from the freedome people. Cheers
  • RickPWO

Hi Michiel,

Well my patience has run out.I will be asking for a refund Monday, they havent done anything to make me believe that someones working on this problem.I dont need to be stressing about a silly vpn, so i have already bought a new subscription to "TotalVpn" one of the top Vpns and the price 23.99 for two years and can be used on three devices.Wow not bad..:)

Good Luck

• Michiel

Some one is trying to help me from the tech team. But so far the fixes havent done anything and the problem remains. Ill probably look at your vpn suggestion pretty soon,sounds pretty good  that totalvpn.

Cheers...👍

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info