FS Protection PC Release 157

This release contains following applications:

• Common Component Framework 2.57.225
  • Antivirus 14.157.100
  • Browsing protection 2.157 build 3744

New features
Common:

• Windows 10: Flyer-type notifications will be shown as toasts (Windows 10 native notifications).

Antivirus:

• Miniscan progress/finished dialog converted to flyer type notification. Shown as toast in Windows 10.

Fixed issues
Common:

• Not all features work reliably due to internal startup sequence problem (CTS-97313)
  • fshoster.exe crash on shutdown (CTS-97312)
  • Tray icon showing multiple notifications (CTS-97299)
  • Installation never finishes in rare scenario (CTS-97283)
  • Aborting long downloads not reliable and may cause shutdown to be delayed (CTS-97262)

Browsing Protection:

• DNS checker flyer missing description for localized versions. (CTS-97285)

Dropped features
Common:

• Windows XP support is ending. We no longer accept bug reports from Windows XP. After a few beta releases installation and upgrade will be blocked on Windows XP. (TP157 still installs on XP)
  • Internet Explorer 7 is no longer supported.

F-Secure R&D, Desktop products

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Just slightly intrigued - what are "toasts" in Windows 10? Do they pop up and make a speech? Smiley Very Happy
  • yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

"A Toast is a non modal, unobtrusive window element used to display brief, auto-expiring windows of information to a user"

cheers :))

Spoiler

There was a problem with the release and it's currently suspended. We will release fixed one soon.

(F-Secure R&D)

• Lord_Ami
    Lord_Ami Posts: 70 Active Engager
    I did receive the update. Is it still 157 after the fix?
  • yeoldfart

@ Lord_Ami

don't worry it's the operational one, Ville said they'd withold it till it's corrected, knowing the seriousness of these guis...

@Lord_Ami

You have the broken update, since we didn't manage to fix the problem yet. All network scanning functionality is not working (browsing protection, banking protection, etc). Please be careful.

The upgrade channel was open for 1.5 hours yesterday so anyone who received the update during that time is affected. We are working on the fix.

(F-Secure R&D)

• yeoldfart

thanks for the info, sorry for having been overconfident ;(

• Lord_Ami

@Ville

Okay, thanks. I think I'll do proper reinstall just be be sure I'm not running faulty software :)

I was away from computer and when I came back, Upgrade was in front of me. So after reading, I clicked it.

Hello,

There is now a fixed version live. If you haven't received the upgrade yet, the fixed version will work just fine. If you already received the upgrade yesterday, the fixed version unfortunately does not fix the problem.

If you are not sure, you can check if browsing protection works by searching something in Google (not using HTTPS) and checking that the rating balloons appear in search results.

If your version is broken, you can uninstall and reinstall the product. This fixes the issue. We will also deploy a hotfix later that will fix all broken versions properly.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

(F-Secure R&D)

• Lord_Ami

I did reinstall about an hour ago.

fs protection 16.2
    Antivirus 14.157 build 100

DeepGuard 5.0 build 592
    E-mail Filtering 1.02 build 20399
    Management Agent 8.30 build 43244
    User Interface 18.00 build 510
    Virus Protection 11.00 build 22033

I suppose I got the fix already? I see those ratings you described above. Strangely tho, I do not see web part in the "About" section... should I?

@Lord_Ami

Sorry but you can't see from version numbers if you have the working version or not. Version numbers are identical. The same build works for users who did not receive the broken build. (Due to complex technical reasons that I will not go into)

(F-Secure R&D)

• Lord_Ami

Okay, no problem.

Ratings do appear in Chrome so I'm off the hook I think Smiley Tongue
    I mean,reinstall shouldn't install broken version as you guys stopped distributing it.

Running smooth as usual! :)

To confirm, clean install always installs fixed version. The only way to receive broken build was getting the upgrade (downloaded) yesterday.

(F-Secure R&D)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

/later edition/ - yes.. notifications same between Windows 10 and other Windows (except toast/not toast-view).

Hello,

Sorry for my reply. I will try to create small question. Smiley Sad

Spoiler

If we can to talk not about Windows 10. And about Windows 8.1 (as example);

Mini-scan progress (finished dialog) replaced from previous design to flyer-type notification (which should be as toast with Windows 10 and maybe with Windows 10 there can be other view, than I can to get with Windows 8.1) and does it mean that:

---> All other systems (or maybe Windows 10 too) already with "drop" -progress- part of mini-scan;

---> All other systems (or maybe Windows 10 too) already with "drop" active-points with -finished- part of dialog.

Such as.. I can to get two static notifications (flyer-type probably):

- one about "something detected and will be scan for system and proper clean" (scanning goes to be not visible about progress, which was visible with previous design; and simply happened under background).

- another one about "all removed. but for perfect result... you should to think about restart system" and.... not available to do restart from current static prompt/notification. And if we close notification by (close or get more information under list of notifications).... silence-auto-restart does not happened. Potentially.. previously there was autorestart if we "hard close" current prompt and did not choose "postpone/later" or "restart now".

But restart planned and "changes/clean"-actions will be happened with next launch system or after first restart.

I think that it's can be good, but simply.. maybe differently with previous design... and I just think.. does it should be work like that now?! Or it's wrongly work with my system?

Thanks....

And sorry... Smiley Sad for long question.

• yeoldfart

anything exciting to expect shortly ? smells of near final version

@yeoldfart

Next few releases will be just bugfix releases as we get ready for production release.

(F-Secure R&D)

• yeoldfart

Hello Ville

Thank you, rtm does not need imo much fixing as tester does not seem to find anything in normal use.

This discussion has been closed.