Slow server in Stockholm

BO2
BO2 Posts: 1 New Member

Server Stockholm is very slow. Whats wrong?

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

Hello

You must not forget that speed depends on your distance from it, server speed and you ISP bandwidth, for instance I have faster speed when connected to London or Brussels, my rig being in northern France, I suggest you try different locations, with an identical load (i.e. file download) and use Speedtest each time to have a reliable info http://www.speedtest.net/se/  if you live in Sweden.

I suggest you do a http://ping.eu/traceroute/ for curiosity skae.

• WiMo
    WiMo Posts: 1 New Member
    I try to watch server stockholm from Finland (which is very close) and it still doesn't work. The connection is extremely slow.
  • yeoldfart

why not espoo Finland ?

• Norrland
    Norrland Posts: 4 New Member

The server in Stockholm is indeed unacceptably slow since Friday when trying to connect from the Netherlands. In practise impossible to use. Now it even fails to create location "Stockholm". Trying to access a geoblocked site it informs that the content is only available from Sweden. It is not a question of my local bandwith. Non geoblocked content from Sweden works well. Also setting location "London" and looking at geoblocked content creates no problem. Prior to Friday this week the VPN connection through Stockholm has worked perfectly.

Is anyone at F-secure paying any attention? 

• yeoldfart

today is sunday, don't forget it Smiley Wink

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello all,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Looks like our Swedish location has been in trouble for a couple of days. We are working to fix it as quickly as possible.

PS: I moved the post to a more relevant board.

• Norrland
    Thanks for coming back to us. Looking forward to seeing the problem fixed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, 

The Swedish location should now be back working normally. Let us know if you still experience slowness there.

• Norrland
    Works fine. Thanks
  • Norrland
    What is and where do I find the "accept as solution" button?
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Norrland,

You can find the 'Accept as solution' button below the post of others. You can click on the appropriate post which solved the issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info