No virtual location in use - data required to run Freedome is missing or corrupted.

JennyM
JennyM Posts: 2 New Member

Hey,

since I started my computer today, Freedome is not running anymore. When I start it, I get a notification that I should enter my system administration password because Freedome needs to do some configuration. However, when I do that, I receive another error message saying that data required to run Freedome is missing or corrupted and that I shoudl reinstall the software. This is what I did, but afterwards, the same thing happens again.

I have a macbook with OS.X Yosemite 10.10.5.

Can anyone please help me with that?

Thanks.

Best regards

Comments

• fint
    fint Posts: 1 New Member

Same thing here. And when I restart the program, it says my subscription is expired and I need to put the code again. After that it works fine (for some time). I repeated this a couple of times, until I reached the maximum amount of installations. Had to contact the customer service to get a new code, but it obviously didn't fix the problem.

MBP with OSX 10.11

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @JennyM and @fint,

I see there is a similar issue posted in this thread and a solution posted as well. Please have a look.

• JennyM
    JennyM Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks. However, I solved the problem by completely deinstalling (deleting all files in system folders) and reinstalling a newly downloaded version. Works perfectly fine again now Smiley Happy
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi JennyM,

Glad to know the issue is resolved now. Thanks for the quick update!

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info