Parental Controls on F-Secure Mobile - doesn't seem to do time limits?

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded F-secure SAFE on my son's mobile.  However, the Parental Controls only let me limit websites.  It does not let me put Time Limits on my son's use of internet etc.  I was able to do this on a laptop and tablet but not on a phone.

I rang F Secure this afternoon and a customer services assured me that you could do time limits on a phone.

Can anybody clear this up for me?  Thanks.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Waiting,

May I know what is the OS of your son's phone?

You can check the articles posted here for using the Parental Control for Android OS or here for using the Parental Control for iOS.

• Waiting
    Waiting Posts: 8 New Member

Hi there,

Thank you for replying.

I'm not sure what OS means.  My son's phone is a Nokia Lumia 530 microsoft mobile.  I downloaded F Secure SAFE on it OK.  However, it only gives me choice of blocking websites.  It does not give me choice of Time Limits, as I said which it did on his tablet and laptop where I do have this choice.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks.

• Waiting

p.s. I am really interested in your answer to this very simple question that no questions in the Community actually answers - they are merely about downloading whatever is there.  It is very confusing from F Secure itself, who seem to suggest that I am seeing things!    It would be really good if anyone could clarify this.  Otherwise I will have to download a "free" app to do this potentially, assuming these are available.

• Waiting

p.s. I am really interested in your answer to this very simple question that no questions in the Community actually answers - they are merely about downloading whatever is there.  It is very confusing from F Secure itself, who seem to suggest that I am seeing things!    It would be really good if anyone could clarify this.  Otherwise I will have to download a "free" app to do this potentially, assuming of course that  these are available.  I remain, mystified.

• Waiting

Well, F-Secure Community didn't answer my question so thanks for that - just directing me to the same instructions I have seen 100 times!  I had to talk to F Secure yet again about this issue.  After spending 20 minutes on the phone the man finally said that F Secure was not compatible with windows!!  However, there is nothing on the website to say F Secure is not compatible with Windows.  I really am starting to dislike this company's way of operating.  He told me I should have checked this out before I bought F-Secure, which is ridiculous as it is surely F Secure's responsibility to say that a big company like Microsoft is incompatible.  Just another day dealing with these awful big companies and their awful instructions, websites and customer services.

• Waiting

Finally!  Thank you.  But F-Secure website should make this incompatability clear.  At the very least F Secure should be able to answer that simple question somewhere on their website, or with their technical help team when I called!  It is not made clear what Parental Controls are that you can use on mobiles generally, so one is left quite unclear and confused about quite a simple question really.  Regards.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Waiting!

Thanks for your feedback. I do understand the point here regarding the information to be available about the respective feature. I have brought this to the attention of the team and we will look into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info