How to move subscription from old PC to a new laptop?

jukkapoika11
jukkapoika11 Posts: 4 New Member

I have a valid subscription on my PC until 24.6.2017, but I'm now planning on selling this PC and buying a laptop. I'm wondering if it's possible to move my subscription to the new laptop? I'm still using the PC and I'm able to copy files etc if it is necessary.

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi jukkapoika11,

Currently, it is not possible to transfer the license from one device to another at the moment. Our RND team is working on it. In your case, the option would be to use the code on your new laptop when you buy it and uninstall it from the old PC if you are selling it away.

If you are facing any error during the validation of Freedome with your current license, please let us know through the post. We will assist on the issue further.

• jukkapoika11

I have only one code available and the others have already been deleted, because I got them through SMS. I uninstalled it from my PC, but I'm unable to use it for the laptop (it says that I have reached the maximum number of installations...). However, even with one year subscription code I lose one and half years worth of subscription (june 2017). Is there anything I can do to make it work till june 2017?

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi jukkapoika11,

May I know how you purchased your codes (or got your codes using SMS) for Freedome? Is it a multi license or a single license code and how many years is it valid for?

• jukkapoika11

When Freedome was launched there was this campaign for free subscription time. If I remember correctly it was for 6 months per SMS. And so I used me and my wifes phones to get a total of one year and those were multi licenses. Then later I purchased F-secure Safe for 5 devices and 2 years, which also came with 5 freedome codes. Those were five single licenses I believe. 

• jukkapoika11

I still have not received any help on this matter. Read my full answer above.

@Laksh wrote:

Hi @jukkapoika11,

May I know how you purchased your codes (or got your codes using SMS) for Freedome? Is it a multi license or a single license code and how many years is it valid for?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info