F Secure Freedome on Kindle Fire bug report and new licence key request

nm
nm Posts: 5 New Member

Hello

I have a Kindle Fire HDX 7 and an 8.9 (both 3rd generation with the latest Fire OS 4.5.5) and I did have Freedome installed on both (from the Amazon appstore). But I noticed that no Apps were updating on neither device for at least 1 month. To try and fix this problem I performed a soft reset (hold on off button for 40 seconds) and a full factory reset on both devices. The soft reset had no effect and after the full factory reset my apps started automatically updating again but both devices stopped updating after a day or so. And so I contacted Amazon customer support who said that they didn't know what was causing a problem that was not fixed by a full factory reset but that as a work around I could get the Apps to download by entering Settings/Applications/Manage all Applications/Stop Appstore and delete data. This fixed the problem on both devices and all available App updates downloaded automatically. But after a restart no Apps again updated. And so on a hunch I deleted Freedome from both devices. And after this the Apps updated automatically every day when the devices were turned on. But as soon as I installed and registered Freedome on the devices no Apps updated without entering Settings/Applications/Manage all Applications/Stop Appstore and delete data. But I have not installed and registered Freedome on the other device (Kindle Fire HDX 7) and when App updates are available they install automatically when I turn on the device. From this I presume that there is a bug in Freedome preventing Apps from updating.

Because I have had to delete and reinstall Freedome about twice on each Kindle Fire I have run out of valid licenses (I have 2 separate 3 device licenses for a total of 5 devices) and so I would be grateful for 2 new licence Keys. If/when requested I will willingly provide proof of purchase (they were both purchased from the F-Secure e-store).

I hope to hear from someone soon

Thank you

Update: I rememered that I became suspicious that the problem was with Freedome because the only App that ever updated on either Kindle Fire was Freedome. Also in the Apps updates section of both Kindle Fires no Apps ever showed as available for updating (except Freedome) but when I manually checked each App in the Appstore there were many updates available for my Apps (which when selected in the Appstore would install but this process can take up to about half an hour to check through all Apps in the Appstore). This problem occurs when either manual or automatic updates are selected in the Kindle Fire settings (ie no Apps show as available for installation if manual installation selected or install automatically of automatic updates selected - except for Freedome).

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi nm,

Thanks for reporting this to us. I have passed on your feedback to our Freedome team and awaiting their reply. I will get back to you soon.

Regarding your licenses, may I know how many devices are currently using Freedome? Do you have any error message when you validate your licenses in your remaining devices? If you do have an error message when validating Freedome for your remaining devices, you can let us know and we will assist you further on this.

• nm

Hello 

I have 2 licences for 12 months for Freedome. Each license is for 3 devices. The error message I am receiving for one of the licenses is:

"Oops

You have reached the maximum number of installations with this code. Please make a new purchase to extend your Freedome subscription"

I have just tried the other license on my 7" Kindle Fire and it worked but I don't know if it will work again because like the other invalid code it has been used a few times because of having to reinstall Freedome about twice on each Kindle Fire and also because I recently purchased a new PC and had to reinstall Freedome twice on the PC because it was malfunctioning. 

Thank you for your assistance

NM

• nm

Hello

I have received no reply yet.

But I have noticed that when I start either Kindle Fire that sometimes Freedome doesn't show that it has loaded (ie it is not showing in the notifications area as an option to turn on) that Apps will download and install but if Freedome is showing in the notifications area and/or I turn Freedome on that no Apps install on either Kindle Fire.

Thankyou for your assistance

NM

• nm

Hello 

Just an update

I left my Kindle Fire's for a few weeks to see if Apps were updating and I am pleased to say that they seem to be updating apps as they should. After I contacted F-Secure there was an update for the Freedome App on both Kindle Fire's a few days later and I assume that this fixed the problem.

Thank you for your assistance

NM

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for the update, NM! Glad to hear the apps are again getting updated.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info