linux client planned?

mnbvc
mnbvc Posts: 5 Explorer

hello,

is a linux client planned?

i'm using ubuntu and currently use https://bitmask.net/ which gives me an easy to use, non-leaking, always-on and open source vpn client.

unfortunately they don't support ipv6 just yet. this leaves me w/o vpn at places with DS-lite/ipv4 over NAT.

just the raw openvpn configuration files would be nice too.

and please consider open sourcing your clients, that would be a good move.

Comments

• TheoG
    TheoG Posts: 5 New Member

@Ben wrote:

There is currently no plan to develop a linux client for Freedome.

I however forwarded your request to the persons in charge.

Why would F-Secure Not have plans for a freedome linux client but has one for windows, a far less secure environment?

• alan1
    alan1 Posts: 3
    you have an interesting logic...

if you feel windows is a "far less secure environment", wouldnt it (with a logical mindset) make even more sense for F-Secure to create a windows client to improve it?
  • TheoG
    TheoG Posts: 5 New Member

I certainly do.

And, no. No I don't. For the simple fact that it would make more sense to gravitate everyone onto Linux, champ.

• Pootis
    Pootis Posts: 4 Observer

Still no plans for Linux Client?

• Hailan
    Hailan Posts: 50 Active Engager

Hi Pootis,

No change on that front, we still have no plans to release a Linux client for the moment, this may or may not change in the future.

Thanks

Hailan

• Banach
    Banach Posts: 1 Observer

I wouldn't have much trust in a VPN service that requires installation of a dedicated proprietary client (spy ?). Most GNU/Linux systems handle VPN connexions out-of-the-box. So there is indeed no point in developping such a thing, but rather giving out connexion parameters.

• ajnieminen
    ajnieminen Posts: 1 Observer

I'd also really love linux client.

Now I have to use something else for now.

• sfof
    sfof Posts: 3 New Member

Hello!

@ F-Secure: please develop the Linux client for FreedomeVPN, i dont buy multi license when i cannot use it for my desktop computer!

thanks in advance!

• Kaapo73
    Kaapo73 Posts: 1 New Member

I had the same situ and disappointment. Keep in mind, F-Secure andLinux both come from the same place - Helsinki, Finland. This makes me think that maybe mr Torvalds has opened his nasty mouth in a correct moment for the right perseon...

• samip537
    samip537 Posts: 1 New Member

I would vote for +1 to the linux client. It's really needed and you F-Secure cannot really be only thinking of those who use Windows.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Thank you for all your feedback. It is forwarded to the product team. 

There is however currently still no plan for a Linux version.

• creative_think
    creative_think Posts: 20 Observer

I would be interested in a GNU/Linux client as well.

• MakeIT
    MakeIT Posts: 1 New Member

www.ivacy.com works for me. :)

• FileDansLeVent
    FileDansLeVent Posts: 8 Observer

I'm an happy user of Fsecure VPN  using it on iPhone and Windows, but why isn't it availbale on Linux ???

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, 

There is still no plan for a Linux version. But I'll forward your feedback so this may be considered again in the future.

• simosays
    simosays Posts: 1 Observer

+1 for Linux client, and by the way also ARM binaries would be nice because of just launched commercial Ubuntu tablet Smiley Wink

• Le
    Le Posts: 1 Observer

I am adding my voice for a linux. Got little upset when i realized there is not Linux version of this.
    Hope you would change mind and develop that for linux too!

• MimisPapa
    MimisPapa Posts: 3 Observer

I am adding my voice, too!!!!

I believe that Linux is the future. Many people don't like Windows 10.

• iskall
    iskall Posts: 1 Observer

I agree, I also want linux support... If not i will change vpn provider when my subscription ends.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info