You have reached the maximum number of activations

toreko
toreko Posts: 6 Explorer
I am getting this message when trying to reactivate my Freedome Licence. I had it working with Windows 10, but suddenly it would not start. Have uninstalled an reinstalled a number of times, and also used the uninstall tool provided. Now I can't even activate it due to the message above although I haven't got inactivated on any device.
The licence for 3 devices was bought October 24th.I sent in error reports as well, but it seems that nobody is reading them... Tried to get an answer from corporate support, but they wouldn't / couldn't help me. I must say I am disappointed. I think it is a terrible practice to lock a user out when there is none of 3 licenses active on a license key.
Need your support to get this fixed..
please!

☺ Tore

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Tore,

Sorry to hear about your inconvenience! I just saw your private message and your details provided. May I know how many devices are currently using this code for Freedome?

Could you please share with us the error message seen as a screenshot? Also, please provide us your purchase reference number or a photo of your bill/receipt from the store (as mentioned)?

• toreko

Deleted

• toreko

• spachtler
    spachtler Posts: 3 New Member

Hey Laksh,

I have the same problem:

I couldn't update freedom. So I deinstalled the old version, downloaded & installed the new one.

But then I tried to subscribe with my serial, the program told me, that i've already reached the maximun number.

Now I have valid serial, but i can't use the program.

I bought the freedom program at "amazon.de". Its for 5 devices. All of them are in use.

I hope you can help mee, too. Sorry for my grammar, it's not my first language.

Marco

• toreko
    It seems like it is several people who is having the same problem as both you and me is experiencing.
    To my understanding it is a compability issue between Freedome and Windows 10. Freedome was, for me, working fine until October 17th, but stopped working after a Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade
    I sure hope that F-secure and MS can figure out why.
    I have tried everything I can think of, but with no luck so far. Unfortunately, the support for this product don't seem to be prioritized very high....

• Laksh

Hi toreko,

I saw your PM about your issue with Freedome and Windows 10. In your case, I would recommend to open a support request so that we can look at the logs for further troubleshooting. Please follow this link for opening a support ticket with all your details of the issue:

https://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/support-request

• Laksh

Hi Marco,

May I know which version of Freedome is installed on your computer currently? What is the OS of your device as well? Did you get any error message when you tried to upgrade Freedome?

Currently every installation of Freedome counts on your licence (including reinstallation) and that is the reason for the error message to be seen. There is no option to reset your licenses at the moment. Our RND is working on it.

Regarding your license, how many devices are currently using Freedome? In which device are you getting the error message about the license? Could you please post a screenshot of the error message you see?

• richardtm
    richardtm Posts: 5 New Member

Subject : Reference Number xxxxx

Dear Sir,

I install fredome f-secure into my 5 devices. It all works well. But when I formatted my 2 laptop I could not used the same activation code you have givin. It says you have reached the maximum number of installation.

Please let me know how to solve the problem.

Regards
    Rubi

EDIT: Removed Purchase information

• toreko

Hi Laksh,

Well, I have sent in a support request a week or so ago, but NO answere so far....

Now I have sent a new one hoping to have some feed-back this time.

Message sent:

Freedome will not turn on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. Switched off firewall and antivirus, stopped other start-up programs and done everything I can think of. I have tried to change to windows 7 and 8 mode, but then I get driver error messages. Freedome is in active status with 363 days left of the subscription. Freedome worked, but seem to stop working after a windows 10 upgrade. Looking forward to be hearing from you ASAP.

Diagnostic error file attached to the file: fsdiag.7z

• Laksh

Hi Rubi,

Could you please send me a screenshot of your error message and your Freedome code as a private message to me in order to check further?

• Laksh

Hi toreko,

I did follow up on your support request opened before with our chat support. There was an email sent on 18th November. Could you please check if there was an email received in your inbox from our team? I have also highlighted your post here in the Community to the support team for checking further.

• spachtler

Hi Laksh,
    My version of Freedom is currently 1.0.2085.0.
    My OS of my device is Windows 7 Home Premium.
    When I tried to upgrade where was an IPv6 error message, so I couldn't start Freedom after the upgrade. So I installed an older version of Freedom and used the serial again.Later, I tried to upgrade again, but there was the same mistake.
    So at the moment 3 devices are using Freedom.The other 2 serials I lost because of the problem with the upgrade.I' m getting the error message on my PC (Windows 7).I can' t upload a screenshot, but the message is: " You have reached the maximum number of installations with this code.Please make a new purchase to extend your freedom subsription."

• spachtler

Hi Laksh,
    My version of Freedom is currently 1.0.2085.0.
    My OS of my device is Windows 7 Home Premium.
    When I tried to upgrade where was an IPv6 error message, so I couldn't start Freedom after the upgrade. So I installed an older version of Freedom and used the serial again.Later, I tried to upgrade again, but there was the same mistake.
    So at the moment 3 devices are using Freedom.The other 2 serials I lost because of the problem with the upgrade.I' m getting the error message on my PC (Windows 7).I can' t upload a screenshot, but the message is: " You have reached the maximum number of installations with this code.Please make a new purchase to extend your freedom subsription."

• Laksh

Hi Marco,

Could you please send me a private message of your purchase details with Amazon (like a screenshot of the license details with Amazon in your PM - code/purchase date/number of licenses) so that we can check it?

If possible, please do post a screenshot of the error message when activating Freedome.

• toreko

Hi Laksh

Thanks for your support!

Well, I got the subscription issue fixed by the F-secure chat support, but the reason for running into this problem is not solved, and it seem that a number of Freedome users are having the same problem with getting Freedome working with Windows 10.

To me it seems like there is a compatibility issue between the latest versions of Freedome and Windows 10. Freedome do start, but is not possible to turn on, possibly due to a driver incompatibility.

Why does it take this long for Tech Support to answer service requests and to getting this fixed ??

Posts and service requests on issues related to this compatibility issue will keep coming if there is no statement announced or a solution received. So far I have not seen or received any.

Smiley Happy Tore

• richardtm

Please see the message on my laptopCapture.JPG

• richardtm
This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info