How to upgrade Freedome on Winodws

martink
martink Posts: 427 Influencer

Just wondering if there is a possibility for the user to check for updates/upgrades? and the upgrade
 I don't seem to find one.

What is the suggested course of actions when the update cannot be installed because the security key or something does not match?
If there is not user function "Upgrade" the only way is to restart your PC.
Not very handy if you have to do that multiple times before the upgrade succeeds.

The thread

https://community.f-secure.com/t5/F-Secure/How-can-I-upgrade-F-Secure/ta-p/71610

talks about upgrading on Mac, but that sounds more like upgrading it on iPhone if you get the app which is always the latest version.

Is the procedure the same for WIndow ie go to the download loaction and install it on the top of the previous version IF YOU KNOW THAT THERE IS AND UPGRADED VERSION.

Comments

• yeoldfart
    yeoldfart Posts: 556 Superuser

there is no "upgrade or update option, it's signaled when avalaible then you have the choice to update or not. You can dl a more recent version, install it over the existing one, this will show as an "upgrade"action.

This is my experience.

• martink

Thanks, that answers the upgrade funcitonality when the user wants.

Just wondering why there is no check for updates functionality?

I guess I should have asked the other question in a separate thread.

If the update fails beause the security key (or something) is not valid or matching what to do as there is no retry option and the only approach seems to be to restart you PC.

I would have liked to include screenshot, but after the fourth reboot when I was ready to capture a screenshot the upgrade isntalled as there never was a problem.

• yeoldfart

this happened to me with the last upgrade, the way you describe... I suugest you report this bug using the appropriate online help

• martink

I've got a problem when trying to post here. The community support team is aware of the issue.

Are you experiencind? or can do as many posts in a go as you wish?

• yeoldfart

you can write as many posts as you need to, I'm not aware of any difficulty

• martink

Ido. I have to wait some 30 min between posts.Community support team is aware that there is a problem.

• yeoldfart

couldn't your browser and/or AV be involved ?

• martink

How would those explain working after waiting?

If it those what might work better?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Martink,

Thank you for your feedback about posting in our community. We are aware of the situation and are indeed investigating it. The issue unfortunately seems random and tricky to pinpoint as it is not affecting everybody, not all the time and not on all threads.

The fact that it works for you after waiting some time is however new to us.

• martink

Yesa, soime times it just 30 minutes and sometimes can't post until I get logged out and log in again. Normally I just keep the page open and keep trying post until it succeeds.

You can see I made a number of posts yesterday and today.

Jus made another post and this does not go. WIll keep trying....

• martink

This time it took some 20 minutes for the abve before the post was successful.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello Martink,

Some modifications were made last night, and the problem should not be occurring anymore.

Just let me know if you still have the problem.

• martink

OK, thanks, I'll let you know on this thread. Will do some posts with no real content.

The last message which referred to 20 min waiting time took some 40 minutes to get posted.

• martink

No problem with that one, but that was the first post of the day and with those there usually has not been any problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info