Cannot connect to Internet

vänsviken
vänsviken Posts: 7 New Member

Hi,

After the recent upgrade of Freedome I cannot connect to the Internet from PC or Ipad when Freedome is on. Reinstalling does not help.

Comments

• I just purchased a Galaxy Note 5 and I, too, cannot connect to the Internet with tethered devices with Freedome on. Please fix.
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi GR8CDNPumpkin and vänsviken,

May I know if there is any error message seen when you try to turn on the Freedome? If yes, please provide us a screenshot of the error message.

Also, please let us know what is the OS version of your devices.

• vänsviken

Hi,

I get no error message. My iPad has OS 8.4.1

BR

• No error messages. Android 5.1.1 on a Note 5. The phone has no issues connecting to the Internet. Just tethered devices. I cannot ping any IP except the default gateway. DNS lookups fail.
  • Laksh

Hi GR8CDNPumpkin,

Are you using your Android phone as a hotspot to other devices? Tethering is not supported with Freedome and you check this article here.

• Laksh

Hi vänsviken,

Does the connection keeps circling when you try to turn on Freedome on your ipad? Does it happen on your PC as well? A screenshot of the same would be helpful when you click on the Freedome to turn it on.

• vänsviken

Hi,

Connecting to Freedome seems normal. The circling works and the system swiches to ON. 

BR/Jan

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info