Can't activate promotion, because email-verification doesn't work

Hello there,

I took part in the CHIP promotion for F-Secure Freedome, but can't get past the email-verification, because the provided link will always lead to an error...

Is this is known problem? Or is something wrong with the authentification-servers?!

I hope someone can help me out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Best regards,

Chris

Comments

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Chris,

May I know what is the error message you get when you try to validate? May I know what promotion is this and when you took part in this promotion?

• Hey Laksh,

Sure thing!

The confirmation email I received reads:

"Hallo,

Vielen Dank für dein Interesse an F-Secure Freedome!

Fahre damit fort, deine E-Mail-Adresse zu bestätigen, sodass wir dir die kostenlose, exklusive Lizenz senden können. Klicke dazu einfach auf den folgenden Link.

Bestätige die E-Mail-Adresse: [this is the verification link]

Vielen Dank für deine Registrierung! 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

F-Secure Freedome  Team".

The resulting error message from the link reads:

"Fehler bei der E-Mail-Übermittlung. Versuchen Sie es später erneut.

Abonnementschlüssel oder Downloadlink konnte nicht an Ihre E-Mail-Adresse gesendet werden.

Bitte füllen Sie das Bestellformular auf www.f-secure.com/offers/exclusive erneut aus oder wenden Sie sich unter http://www.f-secure.com/en_US/support/home-office/contact-support/ an den F-Secure-Support.".

For whatever reason it's in German, although English was selected as language.

But that is just minor anyways, since I live in Germany anyways...

The promotion is offered by a computer magazine here in Germany called "CHIP" and is supposed to be for a 6-month trail period. I took part in the promotion, after I got back home from holidays yesterday.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Chris,

I checked further about this campaign - CHIP Campaign. It is seen that this campaign was in July and it has ended already. Unfortunately, there are no more promo codes since the campaign has ended.

• Ok, then I was sadly too late it seems... Thanks for clearing that up.

Was just wondering, since the promotion is still active and still sends out confirmation emails...

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info