DNS lookup fails with Amsterdam server

• Dear all,
  • I live in the Netherlands and use the Amsterdam server by default, and by coincidence I stumbled upon www.hermetic.com, which would not load due to a failed DNS lookup. However, when I switch to Brussels (Belgium) or Sachsen (Germany), the website loads just fine.
  • I am using the latest Freedome, Win7 SP1 with latest updates, and the latest Google Chrome. I also encounter this problem on my iPad (latest Freedome and iOS), and smartphone (latest Freedome and Android 4.1.1) via the cellular network, so it's not my router or ISP.
  • So, what is going on? Should I file a bug report? Is the server busy or even broken?
  • Thanks, Adriaan
  • PS - I has some trouble posting this here on the forum, so I also sent an email to the support desk. Sorry for the double post and the weird layout, it was the only way I could get it to actually post.

Comments

• adriaan
    adriaan Posts: 8
    •  Update:
    • This particular website still does not connect, and I even facebook first giving a brief DNS lookup failure, after which it loaded.
    • I'm getting the feeling somethings funny with the Amsterdam server.
    • Chrome seems to be quite busy 'resolving host', as this message in the bottom corner stays for some time until the website loads
    • Edit: okay, flushed DNS cache. Things go a lot faster now. However, the original problem maintains...
    • Edit2: now it's getting akward. With Freedome turned off, I can connect to hermetic.com. However, if I try to connect to its IP, it returns empty: 208.113.232.72
    • Anyone care to explain?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi @adriaan,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I will contact you via PM in order to proceed further on this topic.

• I received the DNS Lookup failed error in chrome and the below solution working for me.

How To Fix DNS Lookup Failed Error in Chrome

Also helpful for me: How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Chrome

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info