DNS lookup fails with Amsterdam server
- Dear all,
- I live in the Netherlands and use the Amsterdam server by default, and by coincidence I stumbled upon www.hermetic.com, which would not load due to a failed DNS lookup. However, when I switch to Brussels (Belgium) or Sachsen (Germany), the website loads just fine.
- I am using the latest Freedome, Win7 SP1 with latest updates, and the latest Google Chrome. I also encounter this problem on my iPad (latest Freedome and iOS), and smartphone (latest Freedome and Android 4.1.1) via the cellular network, so it's not my router or ISP.
- So, what is going on? Should I file a bug report? Is the server busy or even broken?
- Thanks, Adriaan
- PS - I has some trouble posting this here on the forum, so I also sent an email to the support desk. Sorry for the double post and the weird layout, it was the only way I could get it to actually post.
- This particular website still does not connect, and I even facebook first giving a brief DNS lookup failure, after which it loaded.
- I'm getting the feeling somethings funny with the Amsterdam server.
- Chrome seems to be quite busy 'resolving host', as this message in the bottom corner stays for some time until the website loads
- Edit: okay, flushed DNS cache. Things go a lot faster now. However, the original problem maintains...
- Edit2: now it's getting akward. With Freedome turned off, I can connect to hermetic.com. However, if I try to connect to its IP, it returns empty: 220.127.116.11
- Anyone care to explain?
I received the DNS Lookup failed error in chrome and the below solution working for me.
How To Fix DNS Lookup Failed Error in Chrome
Also helpful for me: How To Fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN in Chrome
This discussion has been closed.