Freedome subscription code from old android tablet to recently purchased android tablet?

I tried old android version tablet and it didn't work so well. Now I have new tablet and need to transfer freedome to this device new from old device not in my use. How to do this or do I have to stop using F-Secure all together?

Multiple device license on PCs and the tablet. Now it says subsciption is full, even if it is not in use at the moment. Only 2/3 are in use.  

So lame to constantly struggle with companies that do things marketing in mind first. just give consumers 1 license per 1 device at 1 price.

Comments

• PetriR
    PetriR Posts: 1

I have a same "problem". Old Android tablet to iPad.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello PetriR, 

I also sent you a private message concerning the issue.

• RsvTu
    RsvTu Posts: 5 New Member

Hi 

Im having same issue too, wiped my sony z3 compact and installed cyanogenmod... after that code isnt accepted anymore...

• I have kinda same problem i got a new android phone want to continue my freedome subscription i have on it but i do not know my code.
  • [Deleted User]

Hello Radioranger,

If you purchased from the Google-playstore, you need to use the same account as on your former Android phone.

Where did you purchase your subscription from?

• Google play store so i installed it today via google it remeber my subscription in the google setting using same email but now freedome asks me for a code. I dont know it i still have a yearly auto renewing subscription where can i get the code again. I do have it installed on another android that is on the sqme subscription is there a way to pull the code up on that. Thanks
  • [Deleted User]

Hello RadioRanger,

Did you already try to restore purchases from the google account?

• Yes I logged in to my Google account and clicked on subscriptions and freedome appears so I then loaded it. But it still asked me to get the code or just run app security. I thought going thru google account would have fixed it.
  • Thibaup
    Thibaup Posts: 1
    I have the same issue, I have uninstall the android app on my old device and I cannot reinstall it on the new with my "3 devices voucher".
  • [Deleted User]

Hello Thibaup,

I'll contact you by private message on that matter.

• dodgecandle
    dodgecandle Posts: 2 New Member

I have the same issue on an android smartphone. Can you please explain how to migrate the license from a phone to a new one?

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 10 New Member

I have the same issue . Seems to be a standard problem with Freedome, and response seems to be incredibly slow to deal with the problem. Seriously looking for a freedome alternative now.

• Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi dodgecandle,

May I know what is the exact error message you get with your license validation? How did you purchase the Freedome code for your Android phone and it is a single/multi license code?

• dodgecandle
    dodgecandle Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi, it was a referral code which granted me one year license.
  • Laksh
    Laksh Posts: 4,224 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi dodgecandle,

May I know how you got that referral code? Was it a referral code which was generated from MySafe?

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info