Activation key for F-Secure Booster not working

DesM
DesM Posts: 8 New Member

I have just bought F-Secure Booster and the activation key does not work. How do I resove this

Comments

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser

You'll need to Contact Support - we can't help with licensing issues on the forum for security and privacy reasons.

• DesM
    Thanks Simon. Not very impressed with F-Secure so far as Not only did the licence key not work but I initially contacted support to resolve this problem and they told me I had to go through the forum. I will try again and if no luck ask for my money back
    DesM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello DesM,

You can send me your username and serial by Private Message so that I can check it, and reset it if needed.

• Simon

Hi @Ben - this is the second time someone has apparently been referred to the forum with a licensing issue.  Why can this not be dealt with via the customer's original support query?

• [Deleted User]

@Simon, support for Booster is suppose to be dealt within the community. However license issue should be indeed addressed by our agent through the normal support channels.

This looks like an oversight by the agent that handled DesM request.

• DesM

my username is my email address which you must have as you sent me an email. What do you mean by "serial" number - is this the activation key or the order number for the purchase. Is sending this post by clicking on "reply" a secure link or do you mean another method and if so how.

• Simon
    If you click on Ben's name beside his post, you should then see his profile, and you should see a link to send a Private Message (PM), which no one else will see.

Posts on the forum are viewable to all, so you shouldn't post personal details on here.
  • [Deleted User]

The serial number would indeed by the activation key you received for the product. Simon instructions for Private Messaging are correct.

Please review the above articles to make sure that your Internet connexion allows you to validate your activation key.

Could you also provide a screenshot of the error you received when you attempted to validate your key(remember to edit out the activation key itself from the picture before posting it in our community)?

• DesM

Thanks

• [Deleted User]

Hello DesM,

Thank you for your message. The key you provided seems to still have one free installation. So the problem reside most likely on the access from this computer to the validation servers.

Could you there fore check follow this :

• Enable the TLS protocols:
    1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Internet Options.
    2. Click the Advanced tab and scroll down the list to Security until you find settings TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2.
    3. Make sure all these settings are enabled and click Apply and OK.
    • Check that your Internet connection is not down.
    • Check that the security software you are using is not blocking your access to the Internet.
    • Check if you need to reset the Internet settings for Internet Explorer, despite running other browser(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737).
    • If you are running Windows XP, make sure that it has been updated to Service Pack 3.
    • Make sure that the time and date in your system are set correctly as this can cause some problems.

Let us the results at each stage so that we can assist you better.

Which Operating System are you running?

• DesM

Sorry but thought I had replied to your last post but can't see it and so far no reply from you so I may not have sent properly.

The internet is working, Time and date fine, TLS 1.0 was/is ticked - I don't appear to have the others on the main PC or the other PCs that accepted the activation code. I am running F-Secure Safe on all the machines. I am running Windows Vista 6.0 (32) SP2 on both my PCs and it worked on the other one.

I am a little concerned about resetting the windows settings as it says you should only do this if browser is in an unsuable sate - which is not the case. All my other programs are working fine. What are the implications if I did reset the windows settings - do I loose things?

What do you suggest?

• Simon
    What is the exact error message you are receiving when trying to activate the product? A screenshot would be useful, but make sure you obscure any personal details, including the serial / key, if it's visible.
  • DesM

Hi Simon. This is the screen shot. I have checked the code numerous times and it is correct

DesM

Screenshot.jpg

• Simon
    Sorry to possibly go over old ground, but are you copying and pasting the code or entering it manually? It's only that sometimes copying and pasting can add an extra space which throws out the code. I had that one when activating SAFE, but it seemed to work OK when manually inputting the code. Can't think of anything else to suggest, other than what Ben has already suggested, but to be honest, if it were me, I'd be reluctant to start resetting stuff without knowing what the effects might be.
  • DesM

Hi Simon

I have been entering the code manually - both lower and upper case - and still no joy.

Misread Ben's post as he advised resetting windows explorer settings not windows settings, but like you not keen to do without knowing the consequences. Not sure where to go from here. If I can't get it to work soon will have to ask for a refund

DesM

• DesM

I have reset the Internet Explorer setting and thankfully that has worked. Strange but Firefox seems to be slower now!

It took us some time but we got there in the end.

Thanks

DesM

• Hi

I've recently upgraded to f-secure booster and installed it fine on my laptop using the activation key.

However my laptop has been in for repair and has required a new hard drive. I've re-installed the upgrade but dont have access to my activation key. How do I resolved this?

Thanks

• bjokr
    bjokr Posts: 3 New Member

I have been trying to activate my key for a couple of months on my spare time without any luck. The simple solutions offered are quit amateurish. The problem seems to be of technical nature in the design of the verification. This is not the first time I try to get a response to my problem but I have still not got any answer. Please do not advice me to check the spelling or similar selfevident solutions. I need a response from a competent technical person. I have been using the products of f-secure over the years and have always been in contact with very friendly and competent people when it was called for. With f-secure booster I hate to say that I am very disappointed. So, make a serious effort to solve the problem instead of having the users do the de-bugging for you.

This discussion has been closed.