Freedome: instant blue screen

paheikki
paheikki Posts: 3 New Member

I tried to install Freedome on a pretty basic Windows  7 32-bit computer today. Running F-Secure Internet Security.

Every time the protections is turned on: a blue screen with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Tapsa
    Tapsa Posts: 82 F-Secure Employee

We need more information from your computer to be able to investigate this issue. I'll contact you by a private message with further instructions.

• Free2015
    Free2015 Posts: 1

Hello,

Any update if bluescreen was resolved? I have same problem after I installed the software today and during switch on protection.

Additionally after first restart no internet connection (LAN/UMTS) is working anymore (protection is off). OS is Windows 8.1.

Regards

Markus

• paheikki
    paheikki Posts: 3 New Member

Hi,

I am sorry that you are experiencing the same issue.

I received a private email from F-Secure asking to collect lots of information concerning the system and send that to them.

I haven't had the time to do that and I plan to try Freedome on another computer next.

The one where it does not work but creates that blue screen is like this: Win 7 32-bit SP1, Intel Core 2 Duo E8600, 4 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4800, and (still version 2013 of) F-Secure Internet Security.

BR, Pauli

• Tehfcae
    Tehfcae Posts: 107 Contributor

That issue often occues due to corrupt drivers. It may not nessisarly be Freedome causing it, however, I am not seeing your computer or what is happening imidiatly prior to blue screening so I can not give a definate answer on that.

With all Blue Screens you should check the action center for updates. If F-secure needs an update that could resolve the issue aswell. You may need to uninstall and reinstall Freedome.

This discussion has been closed.
Product & Pricing Info