FS Ultralight AV flags steam server status as malicious url

I have noticed that Ultralight AV flagged steam as a malicious url when I start it. This is only to check the steam server status so I had to tag it as safe or else steam would generate errors.
Has anyone noticed that? I have to make steam a safe app in order to run it. Just curious.

Comments

• klima89
    klima89 Posts: 58 Explorer

As far as I remeber I didn't have problems around steam, but I noticed that playing through steam, one of ULAV processes consumed the considerable part of the processor (probably fshoster64.exe, but I don't certainly know because I came back to FS protection)

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,609 Superuser

Hello,

Potentially.. there should be one desing around "malicious"-ratings and URLs.

So, if F-Secure ULAV marked it as "malicious". Another solutions - FS Protection or F-Secure IS should to have same decision about URL.

But with F-Secure ULAV "background-blocking" more visible as notification-prompt. With FS Protection it's can be not visible but "blocked" in fact. Such as.... blocked connection, but notification can be just as "blocked-page" - which missing there by connection-source.

I not really friendly with Steam, but with my experience about F-Secure ULAV and Steam-application probably not about your experience. Such as - without any prompts about malicious URLs (as Steam-server URLs). But maybe you able to create some of "steps", which can be as repeat-instruction for reproduce situation?!  Maybe I just have experience about another steps of use.

Or maybe your situation with something else around.

Sorry for my reply.

• GroovyMotion
    GroovyMotion Posts: 7 New Member

I haven't checked the status of ofhost but I will, thanks!

• GroovyMotion
    GroovyMotion Posts: 7 New Member
    I don't understand what you mean by steps. If I remove steam from a safe app, it will immediately be triggered by ULAV as soon as I start steam.
  • AndyP
    AndyP Posts: 45 Former F-Secure Employee

Thanks for alerting us to this. We had a similar false positive a few weeks ago. I'll have our folks look into the problem.

The same exact mechanisms are used fto check URL reputation in all of our products, so if this is a real issue, it should also affect FSProtection.

• Hi there

just to let you know that FS Ultralight is again blocking steam server status websites. I've sent the 3 url to FS sample analysys as false positive.

have a nice day

p

This discussion has been closed.