Conflict

Run scan it scans up to 545 files then hangs and you have to power off and start again.

Had spyware terminator running when F-Secure was installed but have since deleted it.

Should I reinstall F-Secure and try again ?

As a side issue Firefox has started freezing for no reason.

Any help apprieciated thank you

Comments

• AJDaz
    AJDaz Posts: 9

Hi Chrissy please read my post (just posted) need help please..  thanks

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

You can always run our Online Scanner to confirm the integrity of your machine if our products are not installed yet.

Could you give us more information on the hang your experienced? 

Which operating system are you using? From which product (version) were you scanning?

Concerning your Firefox issue, is that related to our product?

Which version of the browser are you running?

PS: @AJDaz I moved your post the the most relevant board.

• AJDaz

Hi its windows7 home premium and I think the firefox is something else.

Computer works fine until you run F-Secure scan - gets so far with the scan and then it freezes up.

You have to power off and re:start the computer.

Will run the online scanner now to see what happens.

Thank you

• [Deleted User]

Hi! Looks like Ben and Simon beat me to it :) You can continue the conversation in this thread.  I moved your post here, BTW.

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 2,667 Superuser
    Just to clarify, when you say you 'deleted' Spyware Terminator, did you actually fully uninstall it?

It might be worth running something like CCleaner to remove any debris, then reinstall F-Secure, if the problem persists.
  • AJDaz

Hi I uninstalled only after the problem with scan but not sure if any remnant left.

Where do I get cc cleaner

Thanks

• Simon
    Google is your friend. Smiley Wink

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

The free version will do.
  • [Deleted User]
    Hi AJDaz,

all good now? Let us know either way :)
  • AJDaz

Hi Chrissy still scans a few files and then hangs Not sure what to do now Tried to reinstall but it does not do a clean reinstall Should I deleted it first and then load again ?

• AJDaz

Just tried running another scan but after about 500 files scanned it freezes the computer  and says not responding.  You have to power off and back on.  Everything runs fine until the next scan.

• Simon
    It still sounds like there's some sort of conflict there to me. Do you have any other security software installed on the machine?

You could try a complete removal of F-Secure using the uninstall tool below, then reinstall, but I think I'd be tempted to submit a support ticket with an FSDIAG, so the tech guys can have a proper look and see what's going on.

http://community.f-secure.com/t5/Security/F-Secure-Uninstallation-Tool/td-p/31265
  • AJDaz

Hi Chrissy just tried the online scanner and it did 45% and stopped responding too.

Previous antivirus use to run fast and never caused conflicts so hoping you can resolve the issues for me.

• Simon
    Did you try my suggestion above?
  • AJDaz

Hi Simon

Yes tried it all and it still freezes up.

Uninstalled completely off my computer.

Ran the reccomended CCleaner.

Then Ran the online scanner but this froze after about 45%.

Im sure it runs well just not for me and unfortunately do not have time to wait now.

Therefore have completely uninstalled all the F-Secure Software and going back to my original software.

Virgin reccomended I use it and it did seem like a good solution to consolidate it into my Virgin account.

As I am going to use my original software can you please delete my subscription as I cannot see

on your web page how to do it.

Thanks for everyones help, if you can delete me now that would be good

Kind Regards

Andrew

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info