Windows Phone 8.1 beta testing

Hi,

is there a date when FSP will be ready for testing on Windows Phones?

Regards.

Comments

• Tahvo
    Tahvo Posts: 45 Explorer
    I asked this already. It must be still in Alpha development. Also I think Windows phone is one of the safest phone since it doesnt interest hackers that much. But i would like to see Freedome on Windows phone Smiley Very Happy
  • Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer

well, you might be right. But that's what Apple said about iOS as well. I bet there will be or already are bad apps which function as malware.

Would like to see FIS for Windows Phone as soon as possible since there is no AntiVirus ready/available yet at all.  

• Tahvo

Just wondering that they advertise in youtube that Windows phone is in all devices. All though beta isint even out yet :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivi1lpLausM&list=UUx7CMiH0-OvDaHscYe6eDTg

• Ukko
    Ukko Posts: 3,611 Superuser

Hello,

Sorry for reply.

But for Windows Phone should be (long time and same with iOS maybe) something around Safe Browser.

Such as -> http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/f-secure-safe/5f87cacf-564b-484a-8ab6-646fc1d18c7a

Maybe youtube video about current one realization (and about potential something fresh and new).

• Tahvo
    Thats the old Safe. The newer Safe has virus scan, browser protector, remote lock/wipe and safe browser
  • Ukko

Will be interesting... if it's like that (but for Windows Phone also can be interesting another features as "specific" ones - which will be greatest here).

• Vetraci
    Vetraci Posts: 156 Adventurer
    I bet Windows Phone could already profit from an AntiVirus Protection. If F-Secure would able to release Safe for Windows Phone in the near future, they could be the first company to release an Internet Security Suite on Windows Phone market.

In addition to the planned desktop version of Freedome, it would be nice to have that tool on Windows Phone, too. Since Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 use pretty much the same kernel and code basis it shouldn't be too difficult to release it on both platforms.

• I think FRP should have to think to make product for Windows phone against key loggers to get rid of hacking problems. ie. passwords ..
    what you people think?
  • Ukko

It's maybe can be good feature. But not sure... that F-Secure able to detect any "VALID" keyloggers (which can be) - because it's can be "safe" (as valid software)..... and with current meaninge feature can be not really helpful.

Such as... all other "keyloggers" (if it possible under Windows Phone) should be detected as malicious (which probably F-Secure not able to do now) or "as rogue".

And here can be good feature..... as prevention against rogue application under Windows Phone.

Something between "App Permissions" and "Freedome beta" (for Android platform) with something additional - which will be specifical for Windows Phone. Or some kind of more "feedback"-based with users maybe.  Such as addition to cloud-protection, security-cloud reputation...... also user-feedback-based reputation for Windows Phone about various meanings. As additional to any tools, which maybe alread planned....

Sorry for my reply.

• Ukko

And... like addition. Sorry.. I just now understand... that solution for Windows phone already comes under FS Protection. But probably it's still same with F-Secufe SAFE (features) for Windows phone.

• Ukko

Hello,

Sorry for current questions. It will be without some of other dreams yet.

Just want to ask... what about any plans with FS Protection (SAFE Browser) for Windows Phone 8.1?

It will be with any updates/upgrades/improving-points or new features?! Or will be just as solution from "check-list".

Such as... on current time... it's around normal realization, but with some of "trouble-points" (around "using"), some of missing features, some of strange-points (when it probably works not as design).... and current "some of" things... created situation, when it's can be not really "better and more safe", than default Internet Explorer. :)

This discussion has been closed.