Mobile security and phone not starting up

I bought mobile security for my phone 6 months ago. Everything was working fine up until 2 weeks ago.

My phone is Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus.

My phone suddenly refused to start up, only thing I got was that Samsung logo and even if I waited 5-10 minutes, nothing happened. Every time I tried to start up my phone I had to try 10-15 times until it finally started.

So.... I restored the factory settings and updated everything, no help.

Then I had an idea, I uninstalled F-Secure mobile security and tried. Now it seems to start up again.

I wonder.... could there be some bug etc. on mobile security that actually does this, or is this just a huge coincidence? Anybody else had similar issues?

If F-S is the culprit, I wonder is there anything I can do about it except leave it uninstalled?

Thank you.

Comments

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

I found an (maybe) related old thread that suggests clearing the cache in Application Manager.

Or perhaps better you could try a separe product: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner-android  

CCleaner is truly great on computers, but I have no experience with the mobile version.

Another thing to test is to re-install Mobile Security after uninstalling it. Just to see if perhaps that makes any difference

• jnnh
    jnnh Posts: 8

Hi, thank you.

I tried that, no help. Also re-installed it, no help.

As soon as I uninstall it, everything works OK.

I also tried AVG, no problems.

Well, at least now I know that my phone is not faulty, kind of a bummer though that I can't use F-S which I purchased originally.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi, I would like to investigate this further. Can you create a support ticket and send me the ticket number as a private message?  http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/contact/request

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info