F-Secure Safe via Virgin Media for Windows 8.1

djrw
djrw Posts: 20 Observer

I currently have Windows XP laptop and am looking to upgrade to Windows 8.1.

Is F-Secure Safe via Virgin Media link compatible with Windows 8.1 and if not are there any plans to make it compatible.

Comments

• Blackcat
    Blackcat Posts: 503 Influencer

F-Secure SAFE includes the latest version of FSIS 2014 which is compatible with WIN 8.1/ Pro; http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_gb/safe

SnapCrab_NoName_2014-5-10_10-15-5_No-00.png

• djrw

It may be compatible but apparently is not available via Virgin Media.

Reply I got from Virgin Media says I should look at buying Norton or Trend Micro.

I'm getting a bit fed up with Virgin Media, why did they move away from Trend Micro to software that doesn't support latest Windows version.

• NikK
    NikK Posts: 903 Forum Champion

My understanding is that you only need Virgin Media to register with F-Secure SAFE (using a unique personal link to F-Secure)

After that you log in directly to F-Secure SAFE Portal, and from there you can install the latest version of Internet Security which is Win 8.1 compatible as Blackcat stated.

All downloads/installations are provided by F-Secure, not Virgin Media.

• djrw

According to F-Secure website if you have purchased/obtained F-Secure via an ISP portal then you can only upgrade via this portal.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hello,

Virgin Media is offering F-Secure SAFE to their customers. Kindly refer this webpage for more details: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-Security/F-Secure-SAFE-our-new-security-solution/td-p/2033480

Best Regards,
    Jayson

• trude2000
    trude2000 Posts: 1

Hi can you tell me when F-Secure SAFE via Virgin Media will be available for my Surface 2 Windows RT8.1.

• djrw

Hi Trude2000,

Have you tried installing f-secure via Virgin Media link and if so what happens.

• djrw

Virgin Media tell me to install Norton or Trend Micro but email I have recieved from F-Secure says "F-Secure SAFE Internet Security as provided for Virgin Media customers does suport Windows 8.1".

• djrw

Bit the bullet and bought new Windows 8.1 laptop and have successfully installed F-Secure via Virgin Media portal and it works fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info