Virus definitions are 8 days old

I have an exclamation point inside of an orange circle over my F-Secure icon on my desktop.  When I mouse over it I see a message that says "Your virus definitions are 8 days old".  How can I fix this?

Comments

• Frisjo
    Frisjo Posts: 47 Enthusiast

If you open F-secure and then press setting and in this windows press other settings, If you then look in the bigger windows in the last part what does it says to the right of virusdefenitions? Today? What does it says between (  )?

• Jay
    Jay Posts: 2

All the updates say 8 days ago.  The one you mentioned specifically (virus definitions) does not say today.  It also says 8 days ago.  Between the ( ) it says 2011-10-27_06

• Jouni
    Jouni Posts: 105 F-Secure Product Expert

Hi Jay,

Please refer to article found from the following link and see if any of the advices there was helpful:

http://www.f-secure.com/en/web/home_global/support/article/kba/15473

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Former F-Secure Employee

Hi Jay,

Please try this:

1. Make sure that your system clock is set to current date and time.
    2. Refer to this KB article.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Jayson

• EDGE
    EDGE Posts: 2

I have the same issue with virus definitions and deep scan not being updated.  Each day it that passes changes the message (definitons are now 15 days old)

My system time and date are correct.  My full subscription is valid and I have an internet connection. 

I show that the program connected to the update server today.

Is the update server working correctly?  (Mine is embarq.sp.f-secure.com)

The link you posted to a help article goes to a header that does not have any article attached.

How can I force the program to go get new virus definitions? 

Thanks,

Eric

• EDGE
    EDGE Posts: 2

Thanks Jouni.

I was able to get the definitions to update using the last two steps in your note.

I hope it will continute to update automatically after this.

Eric

This discussion has been closed.
Pricing & Product Info