Couple of Bugs and improvement idea for F-secure keys

S-W
S-W Posts: 13
edited March 2022 in Feature Requests

After using keys for a while on iPad and Android platforms, here is couple of findings:

Android (bug):

(Sony-Ericson Minipro SK17i, full sliding qwerty keyboard)

screen stays 'landscape' no matter what I do. Annoying since I prefer the sliding keyboard. Still no big deal.

Ipad 3 (bug):

While using password generator, it is impossible to uncheck any of the option boxes (A-Z, 0-9, special character). Annoying when trying to generate password for a site that doesn't allow special characters.

any platform (annoying feature):

- space is, of cource, a special character, however it is really, really annoying in some cases... I had one occasion that I had to log in on a computer that didn't have Keys installed, so I just read it on the phone and typed it manually... ...and after many retries noticed that the first charachter was space...

Improvement idea:

I do have 40+ accounts managed by Keys. I first just added those in keys as they were and started changed the passwords to more safer ones, every time I have had time to do it. Now I can't remember which I have allready changed and which ones I have forgot to change. 

Would it be good idea to add warming for weak password (f.ex red backround) on a main view.

Overall:

Keys' user interface is good and simple and program works fast. Please keep it that way. 

0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• JuhaT
    JuhaT Posts: 55 Former F-Secure Employee

Couple of weeks back I tried to find a device which you are using to see what's up with that. Couldn't find one from our test labs nor from likely on-line stores. Seems like it is discontinued nowadays. Hence it is tricky to figure out what is exactly happening and what would be the likely fix.

I created bug report about the iPad3 issue for our development team.

Password on-screen readability will be improved in future releases. The font used to render the plain-text readable password is not optimal.

I must say; I totally love the idea of "heat map" type of behavior in the main password list in case there are poor passwords stored! Will pass this to our designers.

Thanks!

-Juha

• JuhaT
    JuhaT Posts: 55 Former F-Secure Employee

The iPad3 bug you mentioned with password generator checkboxes was fixed in the 1.2 update we did via iTunes about a week ago. Can you confirm if you still have the problem of not being able to uncheck specific character categories in the generator?

-Juha

• S-W
    S-W Posts: 13

Hi,

ipad3: Problem with chekboxes is fixed now.

android: yep, it is discontinued model,  as it seems to be case with all real-keyboard devices nowadays. Propably only old dinosaurs like myself still prefer those instead of onscreen keyboards :)

Btw. Must have had a brain short-circuit or something while typing the first message: I ofcourse, meant that screen orienting won't switch to 'landscape', no matter what I do. Anyway, like I said, it is only a minor issue -not a real problem.

Lets hope that your dev team finds a way how to implement the heat map and still keep the simple, clean UI.

• Cale
    Cale Posts: 288 F-Secure Product Manager

Also 'heat map' has been implemented a long time ago, so closing.

-Cale

This discussion has been closed.