F-Secure and Windows Live Mail
When will F-Secure support Windows Live Mail?
yes, it does.
as I know it scans ports income(more phisical area) and not software itself, thus it supports any email client
maybe there was nothing to block?
It does spam filter and sends spam to Junk folder.
(at least statistics shows how many were filtered - don't know by WLM itself(and FS IS just counts them) or by IS. For sure it counts them
MJ-perComp Posts: 1,101 Superuser
you need to create your own filter rules to move the mails to Junk or else. F-Secure can only add a X-header.
Hope this helps:
To create the filtering rule in the Windows Live Mail 2011 e-mail program:
- Open Windows Live Mail 2011.
- Select the Folders tab and click Message rules . The Rules dialog is displayed.
- Click the New... button. The New Mail Rule dialog is displayed.
- From the Select one or more conditions box, select the Where the Subject line contains specific words checkbox.
- From the Select one or more actions box, select the Move it to the specified folder checkbox.
- In the To edit this description, click the underlined wordsbox:
- Click on the contains specific words link. The Type Specific Words dialog is displayed.
*** SPAM ***in the empty field, click the Add button and finally click OK .
- Click on the specified link.The Move dialog is displayed.
- Select the folder ( Junk email ) where you would like to move messages classified as spam and click OK .
- Enter a name for the rule (e.g. Spam rule).
- Click Save rule .
- Click OK .
From now on, messages classified as Spam will be moved to the specified folder.
You can find this instruction also from our knowledge base:
This discussion has been closed.